Samsung Galaxy S7; Switching between micro SDcards on Galaxy S7

amy3collins

Prominent
Dec 21, 2017
Is it possible to remove the current microSD card and view another one on my Galaxy S7, without destroying current memory card?
Don't know if I should unmount the current card, etc, as it would like to return it for use.
Some photos on previous microSD were taken before I had an unlimited cloud storage account. The only version of them is the SD card. A computer or laptop is not easily accessible at this time.
Most importantly, I don't want to damage the current card, or prevent further use of it.

Solution
amy3collins...

Well you can always upload all the data on the card to your cloud account through the phone. No computer needed. This won't hurt the card.

Now moving it to another device can be tricky. If the card was converted to be "Internal" storage on the phone, then it won't be readable by any other device. It gets encoded when you do that. If, however, it wasn't converted to "Internal" storage, then it should be fine to use/view the files on another device. So unless the new device damages the card, or you damage it when changing devices, it should work fine. Just remember, cards while they 'can' move from device to device, they really aren't meant to.

amy3collins...

Well you can always upload all the data on the card to your cloud account through the phone. No computer needed. This won't hurt the card.

Now moving it to another device can be tricky. If the card was converted to be "Internal" storage on the phone, then it won't be readable by any other device. It gets encoded when you do that. If, however, it wasn't converted to "Internal" storage, then it should be fine to use/view the files on another device. So unless the new device damages the card, or you damage it when changing devices, it should work fine. Just remember, cards while they 'can' move from device to device, they really aren't meant to.

Solution