Solved! Touchscreen not working in a small portion of the screen but with mouse I can click everywhere

rodrigonicknich

Prominent
Dec 20, 2017
I just wanted to know what do I need to change on my tablet. The image shows 100% correct, so I suspect there are no dead pixels. The problem is that the touch is not responding in the bottom left corner of the screen and in some other spots on the left side. I tried to connect a mouse to the tablet and I can click everywhere, even on the parts where the touch didn't work.
Is this a problem with the screen or is it something more serious? Screen is clean, without any damage. Tablet is new, never been used
Also, I tried the factory reset and it didn't fix it.

Thank you

Solution
It sounds like the displays connections for that part are either loose, or failing in certain areas. In either case it would require opening up the device and either fixing the connections or replacing the display.

If the tablet is under warranty, I would contact the manufacture. If it isn't then you can try and do the work yourself, if you feel comfortable doing so, or try a local tech.
It sounds like the displays connections for that part are either loose, or failing in certain areas. In either case it would require opening up the device and either fixing the connections or replacing the display.

If the tablet is under warranty, I would contact the manufacture. If it isn't then you can try and do the work yourself, if you feel comfortable doing so, or try a local tech.

Solution