smitethatdrake

Prominent
Dec 14, 2017
Hi there i wanted to ask about my pc. I ordered VR (VIVE) As far as i know only bad thing is my video card. But meybe you guys could tell me how will it run? Here are my pc specs.
Intel Core i7-6700HQ CPU 2.60 GHz
8GB RAM
64Bit
Video card Nvidia GEFORCE GTX 950m
Windows 10

Solution
Minimum system requirements for the Vive say a GTX 970 or higher. Since the mobile GPUs are almost always a bit lower in performance than the desktop versions, I'm afraid you're probably going to be somewhat underpowered to run it. I guess since you've already ordered it all you can do is try, but I think you're going to find that you'll need higher end graphics or else it's going to be rather unpleasant.
Minimum system requirements for the Vive say a GTX 970 or higher. Since the mobile GPUs are almost always a bit lower in performance than the desktop versions, I'm afraid you're probably going to be somewhat underpowered to run it. I guess since you've already ordered it all you can do is try, but I think you're going to find that you'll need higher end graphics or else it's going to be rather unpleasant.

Solution

smitethatdrake

Prominent
Dec 14, 2017
Thank you for replying.. Perhaps you know if im able to somehow upgrade my graphics card since im using a laptop... ASUS ROG GL552V For most its iposible to upgrade graphics card on laptop but this one is not built in my built in is Intel HD graphics 530