Samsung Galaxy S7 photo size too big for email

zillah

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2005
Hi folk

I have Samsung Galaxy S7 and I am using it for work and take a lot of photos (smallest resolution ) and I need to send them via email but size are too big for email.
What I am doing now copy photos from mobile to PC them resize them to resolution 600 by 800 ,,,but it bit hassle.
Any idea how I can capture small size photos on mobile and send them via email app on mobile ?

Thanks

Solution
It depends on the email sending limits for the place you are sending them from and to. If you can send them through one that has larger limits, then you would be good. The size (a x b) doesn't actually make as much of a difference as the format (file type) they are in. I have many photos that are 1600 x 1200 but are small in actual size (kb/mb/gb).

If you are using Gmail to send/receive the files, then unless they are insane in size, it should allow for it. Here is a link to the limits they have... https://support.google.com/mail/answer/6584?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en

I believe Yahoo mail has similar limitations.

Now it is very possible that, if you are sending them from or to a different email provider, that could be your...
It depends on the email sending limits for the place you are sending them from and to. If you can send them through one that has larger limits, then you would be good. The size (a x b) doesn't actually make as much of a difference as the format (file type) they are in. I have many photos that are 1600 x 1200 but are small in actual size (kb/mb/gb).

If you are using Gmail to send/receive the files, then unless they are insane in size, it should allow for it. Here is a link to the limits they have... https://support.google.com/mail/answer/6584?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en

I believe Yahoo mail has similar limitations.

Now it is very possible that, if you are sending them from or to a different email provider, that could be your problem. If they have smaller size limitations. It also could be your carrier/service provider that your phone service is through making the limitations. If the photos are say being sent from a multimedia message (image attached to a text) and sent to the email, or they have data limits for your account.

And, if you are sending them with to many images (making it reach over the size limitations) in a single mail, that would do it.

So, first you need to find out where the size limiting is coming from to be able to work around it.

Solution