RCA Voyager III will load app

wv109323

Prominent
Dec 7, 2017
I just bought a RCA V III. I can download the app and open it but the app will not connect to the device. Device asks to turn on device and Bluetooth, I have . I unistalled the app and reloaded. Reset the device. What else is there to do?

Solution
Well if the processor isn't fast enough, and they have seen it before, then why would they make the app downloadable to devices that it won't work correctly on? That makes no sense. If you got it through Google, then they have that set up, so that the apps can be restricted to only devices that it would work on. Sounds a bit like the apps creators may not have listed that info. They should have at least mentioned it in the apps public info rather than leaving you to download it and find out after the fact. If it isn't a free app, I would consider asking for your money back.

wv109323

Prominent
Dec 7, 2017

The app is MantisX. It is for a gyroscopic gun sight alignment/recorder. I contacted the app creator and they said that the RCA VIII "should" work but that many inexpensive tablets were not 100% of the advertised specs. When you try t connect the tablet asks you to turn the device on and check Bluetooth.

So the app is asking you to turn on the Bluetooth device you are trying to connect to and check the tablets Bluetooth settings? Got it.

Sounds like there is either something wrong in the tablets settings, the device you are trying to connect to or in the app. I would try connecting to any other device and see if it will work. If it does connect to it fine via Bluetooth, then try connecting the original device to another tablet or computer and make sure it is functioning. If that works, then you know it is the app. If the original Bluetooth device won't connect to anything else, then that is the problem.

wv109323

Prominent
Dec 7, 2017

The device will connect to my wife's Ipad and work correctly. Of course that is Apple and my tablet is Android. The app creator says the tablet's processor is the problem and that he has seen the problem before. The tablet has a 4 core processor but he says it is not fast enough and not to spec.

Well if the processor isn't fast enough, and they have seen it before, then why would they make the app downloadable to devices that it won't work correctly on? That makes no sense. If you got it through Google, then they have that set up, so that the apps can be restricted to only devices that it would work on. Sounds a bit like the apps creators may not have listed that info. They should have at least mentioned it in the apps public info rather than leaving you to download it and find out after the fact. If it isn't a free app, I would consider asking for your money back.

Solution