I can't get the pics from SD card to show up in gallery they used to show no

bootzy56

Prominent
Nov 27, 2017
I transferred my pictures from gallery to SD card I can't get the pics from SD card to show up in gallery they used to show when I transferred with the sims sign on each pic in gallery. I started to move more pics to make room on my phone n now they don't show in gallery only a handful of pictures r in my gallery n some r from the sim card .I want to be able to look at my pics in my gallery again as I move them to sim card but should all show up in gallery with the sim sign. The more I put on my sim card the more they disappear in gallery n this never happened b4 . I took it to verizon they took my sim card out put it in another phone and nothing showed up then they put it back in my phone and they r there again . This is so messed up now as I can't for the life of me figure this out n verizon was no help. So can anyone Please help me and figure this out I have plenty of space on the sim card as I look to see it but I'm so stumped. I also made a shortcut with the sim file to my home page but I can only look at them n not share them . Only says "set as " .please help me thank you maureen ob my phone is a Samsung Galaxy s5

Solution
Did you make sure to go into the "Gallery" and change that apps settings to view the files from the card?

And I am assuming you mean SD card not SIM card (SIM is for service, SD for storage). :)

If you want to just move files (photos, videos, music, etc.), not apps, to the SD card you can use the file manager app that is on the device, or if there isn't one you can download and install one to access and move the files. Sadly, they usually only let you move one or two at a time.

To move them all at once, or in large amounts, you can connect the phone to a computer via USB cord, then move the files over to an empty folder on the computer. Once there, and still connected via USB, you can then move or copy the files over to the SD...
Did you make sure to go into the "Gallery" and change that apps settings to view the files from the card?

And I am assuming you mean SD card not SIM card (SIM is for service, SD for storage). :)

If you want to just move files (photos, videos, music, etc.), not apps, to the SD card you can use the file manager app that is on the device, or if there isn't one you can download and install one to access and move the files. Sadly, they usually only let you move one or two at a time.

To move them all at once, or in large amounts, you can connect the phone to a computer via USB cord, then move the files over to an empty folder on the computer. Once there, and still connected via USB, you can then move or copy the files over to the SD card. Personally I would suggest leaving a copy on the computer as a back up.

Once that is done you should then go into the apps that you access the files through (like gallery, etc.) and change the apps individual settings to look for the files on the SD card. You may also want to change the settings in apps that you use to create new files (like the camera) to save new ones to the card rather than the phone.

Now if you are wanting to move apps to the card, that is a whole other story.

Solution
Not all devices have that option ... try restarting the phone and see if the photos show then in the gallery. If that doesn't do it, try removing and then reinstalling the SD card. Should that also not work, you may need to go into the phone's settings and then apps, locate the gallery app and in that tape clear data. Then restart the phone.

bootzy56

Prominent
Nov 27, 2017

bootzy56

Prominent
Nov 27, 2017
OK so what I don't understand is in my phone the pics show up in sd card but when verizon took it out n put it in other phone to check the pics there's nothing there n when they put it back in my phone the pics show up again but to transfer once they r on SD card they don't or won't go into my gallery n there is nothing in my gallery to change app setting to view files as that's just on SD card can u please let me know what is wrong here thank you

bootz56519911775

Prominent
Dec 3, 2017
When I take pics with my Samsung Galaxy s5 they show up on phones,gallery. So make room on my phone I transfer them to SD card. They they'd show back up in gallery with the symbol on album that these r on the SD card. Now I do it n they don't show in my gallery anymore . They disappear from there n stay supposedly on SD card . But I took it into verizon they took the SD card out put it in another phone n the card is empty it make no sense then they put it back in my phone n the pics r there again on SD card. I'm baffled. I really wanted them to stay in gallery but on the ad card . Since that u to work thanks I hope it's clear to u of my problem. Because I'm confused to lol

Perhaps there is a problem starting with the SD card itself. Especially if they can't see what it on it from another device. As you should be able to unless the card was altered. In such a case you may want to back up all the files to say a computer and get a new SD card.

bootz56519911775

Prominent
Dec 3, 2017

It could have gone bad (or is going bad). Happens way more often than people think. It could also have been altered by an app on the device or an update to the device. To may things to choose from to say for certain. You may want to try it in another device yourself, rather than taking it to them, to see if you can see what is on it then. Sometimes the store people know less about the devices than the owners do. ;)