Wifi is cut off when using messanger and whatsup

srathaus

Prominent
Nov 21, 2017
my sonny has wi fi until i get a call from, whatsupp or a message from messanger . i need to restart my phone to get back the wifi on it..

Solution
I see. Then it is possible that there is something up with the modem/router or even the ISP. Try rebooting the modem/router. If that doesn't help, check to see if it is regularly dropping signal or if there is other interference. If so, I would call the ISP then.
Those other options use Data, so your WiFi and the Data may be in conflict. A way around this is to turn off Data when the WiFi is being used. However, then you 'may' not get messages (through the phones standard messaging) while it is turned off. The text versions may still come through, however anything with images or attachments won't.

It could also be something else on the phone. A bad app, virus, malware.

Lastly, if none of the above help, and if it is still under warranty, contact the manufacturer.

srathaus

Prominent
Nov 21, 2017
Thanks I do have the data off so thats not the porblem.. i believe its the intensity of our internet server thats not funccioning well. I had no problem at my gym for example.. thanks

I see. Then it is possible that there is something up with the modem/router or even the ISP. Try rebooting the modem/router. If that doesn't help, check to see if it is regularly dropping signal or if there is other interference. If so, I would call the ISP then.

Solution