MrOldMC

Estimable
Sep 11, 2015
Recently I decided to invest in a racing simulator but I don't want to break the bank until I deem a multi-thousand dollar setup worthwhile. Anyway, my budget is $400 of which I need to get a wheel with a base, pedals with a clutch, and a gearbox. So far the best option and only option is to get a Logitech G29, from there I have to decide to get the Logitech G29 gearbox or I could get a Thrustmaster TH8A. I understand that the Thrustmaster TH8A comes with two cables one to connect to a Thrustmaster steering wheel and the other is USB. I was wondering if I could adapt the USB or proprietary Thrustmaster plug to a serial plug so that I could plug the Thrustmaster TH8A directly into the G29 base? Lastly, I am on PC so I don't have to worry about console compatibility issues with conflicting hardware.

Also, I am open to any recommendations for a different wheel, pedal, and shifter setup that fit in the $400 budget, but so far this is the only quality setup I could find that fits my price range.

TRENDING THREADS