Problems after exiting safe mode on my android samsung s8+, please help, i'm new here!!

madou555

Prominent
Nov 16, 2017
Hello people,

I have a samsung galaxy s8+ and i was facing some problems with Facebook freezing all the time. So i went to see what i could be on the internet and lots of people suggested to do things in safe mode, witch i did. The worst is that i dont even know what i'm doing and dont know what is safe mode is. ( I will now go look it up on internet and learn about it for sure). I made a mistake by not learning about safe mode first, so please be nice. I dont know that much about phones, but i want to learn that is for sure!!!!!!:)

The problem i have is that after getting out of safe mode, all my home-screen and lock-screen screensaver have changed, some icons and even folders that I've created moved, some files that i had in my folders (like shortcuts) disappeared and that's just what I've found yet. I must of done something wrong for sure and i hope i didn't break my phone! :/

I was just wondering if this was normal for a phone to do this after you go into safe mode and back to ''normal''?

As for me, i dont think so because of all the videos that i've seen, all phones went back to their normal state after.

So what should i do, what do you think is wrong?
And i dont think my phones is still on safe mode cuz when it's on s.m, it's written on the bottom left corner and i dont see it.

So please, please, please hepl me if you can!!!

Solution
Thank you, looks like it worked.
Here's what i did, i went in safe mode again, then i powered the phone off and it's not in safe mode anymore. Well it doesn't say safe mode at the bottom.
It's just that when i'm back to normal all my themes are changed, i have to redo my edge and folders that i did. That's what i find weird and wondering if it's normal.

Thank you so much for time!! You rock!
Things don't move just because you were in "Safe Mode". It is just like going into "Safe Mode" on a computer. You are given limited, more basic access to the device so that anything that could be running on it (malware, virus, bad app, etc.) or causing a problem can be circumvented and you can seek to remove it. When you are in "Safe Mode" you can't access everything on the device. Hence restricted. Many installed apps, files, etc., won't run. This is obviously for a good reason. :)

If there are things moved, either they were not saved before you went into "Safe Mode", they were connected a problem (virus, malware, etc.) or something similar. "Safe Mode" itself can't remove any settings or move any files for when you are in "Normal Mode" unless you have change or moved them yourself.

It is possible you are still in "Safe Mode". Below are ways to exit it.

To get out of Safe Mode, please try the following.

1. Touch and Hold the "Power" key.

2. Tap "Power Off".

3. Once the phone is off, Touch and Hold the "Power" key again to restart.

The phone should now be out of "Safe Mode".

If the "Safe Mode" is still running after you restart your phone, I would then check to make sure your "Volume Down" button is not stuck. Check to see if it has anything stuck in it as well, dust, etc. Anything like this can cause the phone to go into, and get stuck in, "Safe Mode".

If that doesn't work try this...

Use the "Status Bar" to turn off "Safe Mode'. Pull down (swipe) the "Status Bar" of your phone. Now tap the "Safe Mode" button. This should turn "Safe Mode" off. Now your phone will automatically restart, so that it boots up out of "Safe Mode".

And lastly...

If you want to get rid of/disable "Safe Mode".

1. First turn off the phone.

2. Next press and hold "Power" until you see the manufacturers logo on the screen, then release the power button.

3. "Quickly" press "Volume Down" and hold it for few seconds until you see the message "Safe Mode: OFF" or something similar.

4. If you wanted re-enable it, simply repeat the steps above, and you should see "Safe mode: ON" rather than off.

madou555

Prominent
Nov 16, 2017
Oh wow! That is a lot of info! I will sure try it and give you some news about it. I put my phone the way it was manually (screen savers and all i talking about).

Just to make sure i understand (please don't hate me), my phone could still be in safe mode?
I noticed that in safe mode i couldn't get to certain apps and now i can, so does that mean I'm out?

What would be the indications that I'm out of s. m?

Thank you sooooooo much for you answer, you are the best!

madou555

Prominent
Nov 16, 2017
Thank you, looks like it worked.
Here's what i did, i went in safe mode again, then i powered the phone off and it's not in safe mode anymore. Well it doesn't say safe mode at the bottom.
It's just that when i'm back to normal all my themes are changed, i have to redo my edge and folders that i did. That's what i find weird and wondering if it's normal.

Thank you so much for time!! You rock!

Solution