Advice needed have to get rid of monitor and replace maybe with VR

swat9uk

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2007
i have to get rid of my 50 inch monitor due to house move im gutted, however maybe it could go in my favor ,i was looking at VR headsets and alternatives to use insted of having a big monitor i could maybe get away with a small one but if i was to get a vr headset which one would be best suited
ive never played with them before so i dont know but can you see post screen through them i dont know? and what about general browsing the net? you tube normal Avi videos? i realy ant got a clue i also do multiplayer gaming so would be good if i could get one what works with them all ,

i herd some people say the text is blury within windows and you still need a small monitor for vr to work? so any ideas or info would be great thanks

Solution
Why don't you wall mount the monitor? I can't imagine their isn't wall space to handle a 50" screen. Would it just be closer than you'd like?

I can't imagine general computer usage would be pleasant with a VR headset. I couldn't answer the POST question.

As for a smaller screen. How about a 34" curved ultrawide. Place it closer so it encompasses your field of view when gaming.
Why don't you wall mount the monitor? I can't imagine their isn't wall space to handle a 50" screen. Would it just be closer than you'd like?

I can't imagine general computer usage would be pleasant with a VR headset. I couldn't answer the POST question.

As for a smaller screen. How about a 34" curved ultrawide. Place it closer so it encompasses your field of view when gaming.

Solution

Sakkura

Distinguished
You can use virtual monitors in a VR headset to do all the same things you do on a regular monitor. Right now it's just worse than a monitor in most ways (including resolution). You really need actual VR content to get the most out of a VR headset.