hotspot doesn't work

fardilah96

Prominent
Nov 11, 2017
Sorry if this thread is double post.
But, i dont know where to find answer for my problem.

My hotspot on Android is working, but other devices can't see my hotspot name.

Btw, my phone is android 7.0

Thanks if anyone can show me the way to solve it.

Solution
Here is how it should be set up. If the phone allows for it to be so. If it is at all possible it would be done this way...

1. Go into "Settings" and in the "Wireless & networks" section tap "More".
2. Now tap "Tethering & portable hotspot".
3. For "Wireless Tethering" tap "Set up Wi-Fi hotspot"
4. On this new screen you will see options for a "Network Name", "Security", "Password" and "Network Band". You can change them or keep them as is. It is really up to you.
5. Now you would just need to search for the hotspot by name using the second device.

NOTE: While a Wi-Fi hotspot feature is built into Android, some service providers/carriers, especially in the United States, hide it. You would then need to see if you can locate an app...

fardilah96

Prominent
Nov 11, 2017
@webworkings
I think other devices is not the problem, because the other device is detect another android hotspot.

Is there a problem with my android or the hardware?

Here is how it should be set up. If the phone allows for it to be so. If it is at all possible it would be done this way...

1. Go into "Settings" and in the "Wireless & networks" section tap "More".
2. Now tap "Tethering & portable hotspot".
3. For "Wireless Tethering" tap "Set up Wi-Fi hotspot"
4. On this new screen you will see options for a "Network Name", "Security", "Password" and "Network Band". You can change them or keep them as is. It is really up to you.
5. Now you would just need to search for the hotspot by name using the second device.

NOTE: While a Wi-Fi hotspot feature is built into Android, some service providers/carriers, especially in the United States, hide it. You would then need to see if you can locate an app that you can install to help with this.

If this doesn't work, or you still can't find it on any other devices, then I would start to wonder if it is being blocked on the phone.

Solution