iPhone X Face ID Slower Than Touch ID (But There's a Fix)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Spoonauer

Editor-in-Chief
Jan 21, 2014
Hi and thanks for the comment. It's still slower than Touch ID when you tap the screen or use raise to wake.
I've updated the story. But certainly tapping the screen or use raising to wake is more convenient.

cranson.alex

Prominent
Nov 1, 2017
Funny, because I can unlock my old-as-f^*# Samsung smart phone by swiping the security pattern in less than half a second. But, apparently unlike most Apple customers, I don't have secure military documents or classified materials on my phone so I can readily get away with the low-level security offered by a swipe pattern.

taylorh_9

Honorable
May 21, 2012
I have raise to wake turned off because it's always coming on in my pocket. I honestly don't know how people use it without false wakes all of the time.
I imagine I'd pick it up while hitting the side button as I do the iPhone 7. Then by the time I swipe the screen the FaceID would have already authenticated me because it had already been awake before I looked at it. I guess we'll see.

tybelisle

Prominent
Nov 1, 2017
Sorry but watching you fail to understand how to turn your head in circle is like watching someone fail to understand how to turn a doorknob lol.

qramohn

Prominent
Nov 2, 2017
Can you calculate how much time you save per day by not needing to unlock the iPhone with Touch Id everytime you want to interact with lock screen notifications?

doncl

Estimable
Jun 13, 2015
Is this honestly a real issue? It seems like a first world problem to me. You're measuring the time it takes to get your phone active with sub-second precision? Time is precious, but not that precious. Relax and slow down a little.

Status
Not open for further replies.