Gift Guide for the Audiophile

jsimenhoff

Honorable
Feb 28, 2016
uHHqqgo.jpg

Connoisseurs of the finest of sounds have a discerning and expensive taste. Don't be caught out of tune. Our gift guide is full of unique gifts that go up to 11. Audiophiles want the best of the best and these gifts are sure to please.

The Monitor Audio Bronze 2 Bookshelf Speakers - $449.07

At less than $500, these audiophile class speakers are a relative steal. The Monitor Audio Bronze 2 Bookshelf Speakers is a front firing bookshelf speaker engineered for a neutral tonal balance, ideal for music listening. WIth a small footprint and a sleek design, the Bronze 2 speakers work well in both the home office and the home theatre.

Sennheiser HD 650 Open Back Professional Headphone - $315.35

The HD 650 is the headphone for audiophiles. A perennial favorite of music lovers. Simply put, the 650 is about the best all-around headphone you can buy. Why get into the specifications when none of that really matters? Put them on and feel aural bliss.

Audio Technica AT-LP120BK-USB Direct-Drive Professional Turntable - $299

Do you have a nostalgic friend or loved one with a massive record collection? Bring it out of the analog age with the Audio Technica AT-LP120BK USB Direct-Drive Professional Turntable. This turntable will not only play your records in super-high-fidelity sound, but with the USB output you can actually rip the music straight to your hard drive. From there it's only a few clicks to the cloud to take that warm record sound on the go.

AudioQuest DragonFly Red USB DAC Headphone Amplifier - $198.75

Make sure those cans are good on the go or on your desktop PC with this killer preamp. AudioQuest DragonFly Red USB DAC Headphone Amplifier is highly portable and operates at 2.1v, enough juice to drive almost any pair of headphones. It's hard to beat the price to performance ratio for this DAC.

We’ve shown you ours, now show us yours!

[widget="https://gleam.io/nhB1c/amazoncom-gift-card-giveaway", 800][/widget]

Post your best recommendations for a gift for this archetype, with each recommended item as a separate response to this forum thread. Every response counts as a single entry to win a $25 Amazon gift card for this archetype. Please be sure to include the name of the gift item with link, why the archetype would like it, an image (if available), and how much it costs.

Before posting, please review the thread for potential duplicates (which won’t count!) and to check proper formatting. The Community Gift Guide 2017 Entries must be posted by November 13th, 2017 to qualify for entry. Good luck, and we’re looking forward to seeing all the awesome recommendations!

D

Deleted member 217926

As someone who owns and loves Sennheiser HD 598s, HD 600s and HD 650s my newest headphones deserve a recommendation.

I wholeheartedly recommend the Massdrop x Fostex TH - X00 Mahogany as an alternative or complementary pair to the HD 6xx series. I love the mid forward sound of the open back Sennheisers but the W shaped sound signature and AMAZING bass extension of these closed backs makes the Sennheisers sound almost boring.

$399 from Massdrop.

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/fostex-x-massdrop-th-x00

And they look great. :)

RkMiwsK.jpg

Below0

Estimable
Jan 8, 2015
A majority of friends I have still use vinyl. Couple of them are inherited from their parents, a few started collecting again. I have plans to help chip in to get an old friend a turntable for his vinyl collection.

We ended up selecting this one: TEAC TN-300 Analog Turntable - $399.99