reyazjunior

Prominent
Sep 17, 2017
This is my build-
Intel Core i7-8700K
‌ASUS Prime Z370-P
‌G.Skill TridentZ RGB memory 16 GB (2×8 GB)
‌Toshiba OCZ RD400 256 GB M.2 SSD
‌Seagate Firecuda Pro 1 TB SSHD
‌Corsair H100i v2 AiO Liquid Cooler
‌Corsair RM850X 80+ Plus Gold Power Supply
‌NZXT S340VR Elite Matte Black Case
‌ASUS ROG Strix GTX 1080 Ti

I know that build is very good. For VR, I was thinking of the Occulus Rift and the Occulus Touch as they together cost as much as HTC Vive. I play a lot of Robocraft (the Idea is fun), DOTA 2 (I play competitive matches) and some other story driven or career driven game. I know DOTA 2 doesn't support Rift, but it won't be that good in VR (it's bird eye view after all). Almost all games I play (and which support VR) are compatible with Rift as well as Vive. Another reason I want the Rift and Touch- when the new Vive controllers come out, some say current gen headsets will not support them. I don't want my VR headset to be obsolete. So to be safe, I'll stick to Occulus and buy Vive in the future. What do you say?

Solution
The Oculus Rift and Touch actually cost $200 less than the HTC Vive.

The new SteamVR controllers may or may not support the Vive, there's no way to be sure at this point since no official information has been released. They might even end up never going on sale, though I consider that an unlikely scenario.

Anyway, considering current prices, the Oculus Rift is a good choice. There's also the option of waiting for the Samsung Odyssey or Pimax 8K headsets, but the Odyssey has some tradeoffs and the Pimax 8K costs a lot more.

Sakkura

Distinguished
The Oculus Rift and Touch actually cost $200 less than the HTC Vive.

The new SteamVR controllers may or may not support the Vive, there's no way to be sure at this point since no official information has been released. They might even end up never going on sale, though I consider that an unlikely scenario.

Anyway, considering current prices, the Oculus Rift is a good choice. There's also the option of waiting for the Samsung Odyssey or Pimax 8K headsets, but the Odyssey has some tradeoffs and the Pimax 8K costs a lot more.

Solution