Help with Galaxy s7

krismc28

Prominent
Sep 20, 2017
I am having a bit of a problem. I have a Galaxy s7 that was a Verizon phone. It was switched over to Straight Talk. I updated the phones O.S with Samsung's software on my laptop. Phone works great, except if I restart my phone or power it off for any reason, when I turn it back on, I can not send texts until I make a phone call. As soon as the call connects the text goes through and then it's fine until the phone shuts off and then the same problem. I called S.T no help. I called Verizon, no help. It's not a huge deal as my phone doesn't get turned off much, but would like to see if there's any solutions.

Solution
If you are not on Straight Talk service you need to go to them for support not Verizon. Reset the phone to default ROM using the factory restore, set it up again. Don't update it since Straight Talk is not likely to keep up to current Samsung or Verizon ROMs.
If you are not on Straight Talk service you need to go to them for support not Verizon. Reset the phone to default ROM using the factory restore, set it up again. Don't update it since Straight Talk is not likely to keep up to current Samsung or Verizon ROMs.

Solution