I have just moved my sd card from my galaxy J1 to my new galaxy s5, but it is not showing that I have a sd card in it.

Solution
Well that depends. Was the card encoded to be 'internal' storage on the original device? If it was, then no other device can access what is on it. You would have to put it in the old device and then move the files off of it and then finally convert it back to 'external' storage before any other device could use it. Also, you can't move apps from one device to another. Should you have had apps on it.

Now if none of the above applies, then your new device should be able to view what is on the card, as long as you didn't format it when you inserted it into the new device. If you did, you wiped what was on it.
Well that depends. Was the card encoded to be 'internal' storage on the original device? If it was, then no other device can access what is on it. You would have to put it in the old device and then move the files off of it and then finally convert it back to 'external' storage before any other device could use it. Also, you can't move apps from one device to another. Should you have had apps on it.

Now if none of the above applies, then your new device should be able to view what is on the card, as long as you didn't format it when you inserted it into the new device. If you did, you wiped what was on it.

Solution