My memory card has space but my phone keeps saying I don't have space and I don't have much apps and while using the apps they

Status
Not open for further replies.

leeannasanayhie

Prominent
Oct 17, 2017
Well I'm not sure wat I should do to free up space because I don't have apps to delete and I already tried clearing cache and data nothing seems to work pls help

Solution
Well you can move things like photos, videos, music, etc. (not apps) to the card and that would free up space. Some phones come with a file manager app, but if yours doesn't, you can download and install one. Then using that (a file or two at a time) you can move the files over to the card.

You can also move them via a connection to a computer via USB cord (faster and easier method). Just connect the phone (with the card in it) to a computer and move all the files you want over to a folder or folders on the computer. Then once that is done, using the same USB connection, move or copy the files over to the SD card. I suggest copying rather than moving. Then you have a backup of them all on the computer.

Be sure that you also access any...
Well you can move things like photos, videos, music, etc. (not apps) to the card and that would free up space. Some phones come with a file manager app, but if yours doesn't, you can download and install one. Then using that (a file or two at a time) you can move the files over to the card.

You can also move them via a connection to a computer via USB cord (faster and easier method). Just connect the phone (with the card in it) to a computer and move all the files you want over to a folder or folders on the computer. Then once that is done, using the same USB connection, move or copy the files over to the SD card. I suggest copying rather than moving. Then you have a backup of them all on the computer.

Be sure that you also access any app you use to download or create such files (browser, camera, etc.) as well as any apps you use to view/play them (gallery, etc.) and in the individual apps settings change it to locate files on the card (for those files already made) or to save files (when downloaded or created) to the card.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.