I have a viking Pro RCA tablet while I'm playing the games the sound will work for about 5-10 minutes then the sound disappear

nanabear9311

Prominent
Oct 13, 2017
I have an RCA Viking Pro 10.1 Android tablet the sound will work at first on the games then within 10 minutes the sound goes off if I turn the tablet off and back on that resolves the problem but the same thing happens again or if I hit the back button and go back to the game it will work for just a few minutes and go back off does anyone know what I can do to resolve this without having to send this back to RCA and I've only had it two and a half weeks it cannot be returned to where I purchased it please help

Solution
Below is the info on how to do a "Hard Reset". You can also try the button for a "Factory Reset". But I don't know that it would resolve the issue. Can't hurt though. :)

NOTE: Doing this will clear 'all' the data on your tablet, so it is suggested you not choose this option unless you have to, or aren't worried about losing anything on the device.

Be sure you back up any data you want to keep, to a computer or cloud account, before doing the reset.

To "Hard Reset" the tablet...

1. Make sure that the tablet is actually powered off.

2. Remove your SD card, if there is one in the device.

3. Press the "Power" and the "Volume Up" buttons, together, until you see the start-up logo on the screen.

4. Once you can see the logo, release...
If the sound problem only happens in a game then I would start to wonder if the game isn't the issue and not the tablet. If the games you are playing are through a site (and not individually on the tablet itself) then the site may well be the issue.

If neither of the above is the issue, and the sounds are a problem with other things as well, then you need to contact the manufacturer about the issue. And most places will take it back if there is a problem in that short of a time frame, however the manufacturer's warranty is usually a year.

nanabear9311

Prominent
Oct 13, 2017

nanabear9311

Prominent
Oct 13, 2017
Thank you so much I'll will try and check these issues. I downloaded them from the app store could that be an issue? Maybe I will unistall and try again. I have only had it since Sept 25th but I purchased through the Walmart site ND I guess their policy is after 15 days you can't return electronics. I've contacted RCA but they want me,to send just the screen part back and it would take 3 to 4 weeks for them to fix it which I don't think is fair and they said if they were not able to fix it the part that they would replace it be a refurbished one when I purchased this brand new. I'm very disappointed because I had one before just like this tablet but I accidentally dropped it and it cracked it so I purchased another one but I've had nothing but sound problems but like you say I'm going to try and install that game and maybe trying restall it again thanks so much for your help have a great day

Just downloading them wouldn't be the issue.

In regard to the replacement, it can take a while due to shipping and other issues, however if you bought it this recently, they shouldn't go refurbished. I would talk to someone higher. The same thing goes for Walmart. You might want to talk to someone higher and see if they will allow for an exchange, not a return.

nanabear9311

Prominent
Oct 13, 2017

nanabear9311

Prominent
Oct 13, 2017
Again thanks so much for your information I will try and contact Walmart but I'm pretty sure they're going to stick to what they say 15 days and they won't take it back all I want to do is just exchange it but that's their store policy they said and as far as RCA you can't talk to her in person it's always through an email that I thank you so much for your advice so uninstalling the game and installing it back will not work how about a factory reset thank you so much again I've gotten more answers out of you than I have RCA or Walmart

Sad isn't it that those guys are no real help. :/ Talk to someone higher at Walmart. Higher than the initial person. As far as I know they will do exchanges after a longer time. I know many people who have. You might try calling corporate if the local one is no help. Or, if you have that option, try a different local store location.

You could try a "Factory Reset", but that won't remove all personal data. A "Hard Reset" would. Before trying that, try starting up in "Safe Mode" and see if the sounds are OK. You won't be able to access games in that mode, it is restricted, but you can check all other sounds to see if they are good. Now if it is only the game, there could be other issues, it could be that app, or even something that came with the app. You could try checking for viruses and malware.

However I would still try the exchange option.

nanabear9311

Prominent
Oct 13, 2017

nanabear9311

Prominent
Oct 13, 2017
I will try Walmart or maybe call Corporate but I'm pretty sure their gonna tell me that's their store policy all I want is a tablet that's works properly I don't want my money back and I'm sure all they do is write or off. Yea it's really sad! I'm not to computer savvy so to try and do a hard reset I wouldn't know how to do all that. I have a button on it that says reset but I don't know what that would do. I didn't even really get a decent Manuel with it. But again I do appreciate your help so much. :) It's really frustrating you can't talk to a human you have to choose all these option.

Below is the info on how to do a "Hard Reset". You can also try the button for a "Factory Reset". But I don't know that it would resolve the issue. Can't hurt though. :)

NOTE: Doing this will clear 'all' the data on your tablet, so it is suggested you not choose this option unless you have to, or aren't worried about losing anything on the device.

Be sure you back up any data you want to keep, to a computer or cloud account, before doing the reset.

To "Hard Reset" the tablet...

1. Make sure that the tablet is actually powered off.

2. Remove your SD card, if there is one in the device.

3. Press the "Power" and the "Volume Up" buttons, together, until you see the start-up logo on the screen.

4. Once you can see the logo, release the buttons and allow the device to enter the "System Recovery Mode".

5. Next use "Volume Down" button to get to the "wipe data/factory reset" option When in recovery mode the "Volume Up" and "Volume Down" buttons are how to can navigate and highlight what option you need.

6. Once you have selected the "wipe data/factory reset", press the "Power" button to select that option.

7. On the following screen, repeatedly press the "Volume Down" button until the "Yes - delete all user data" option is what is selected.

8. Then press the "Power" button to hard reset the tablet.

9. If you took your SD card out in step 2, when the device is up and running again, reinsert the SD card.

Solution

nanabear9311

Prominent
Oct 13, 2017