6 Reasons You Should Skip iPhone X and Just Get iPhone 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

child.jason

Prominent
Oct 12, 2017
"The iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 have more familiar controls that won’t force you to learn anything new." Winning at proof reading...

Mark Spoonauer

Editor-in-Chief
Jan 21, 2014
Thanks for your comment. This has been fixed.

rob.tillitz

Prominent
Oct 13, 2017
On the other hand, I have learned to be patient and let a new model phone, especially one with extravagant advances like the X, and let the bugs get worked out. I bought the Note 5 and LOVED it. Exchanged it twice which was vexing transferring and such, and in the end held out until they said trade now or else. There have been a couple of cases split in the i8 phones because of batteries swelling. Patience can pay off sometimes.

ndale1000

Prominent
Sep 11, 2017
why not compare the Sony Experia xa ultra to these high dollar rip-offs! we got a new unlocked sony for less than $300 and the camera is the best is it not ? and it has a 6" display ! and typical SONY quality! we think it is the great unsung underdog overachiever !

reader134

Honorable
Mar 1, 2015
Both of these phones (8/X) have fallen behind Samsung a lot. Mind boggling how and why people pay for these overpriced and outdated devices. When it comes to real world everyday features The S8+ and especially the Note 8 just crushes the iPhones.

steverounds

Prominent
Oct 13, 2017
I can't use any android phone anymore...because I'm getting a new medical device with electronic controls. The medical companies all write their control software for Apple, because there's only ONE software version they have to write. With Android, you have to write multiple versions, because each phone manufacturer has its own custom interface subroutines.

taylorh_9

Honorable
May 21, 2012

When there is a major redesign and new tech, it's always a good idea to wait for the 2nd itteration. iPhone X is essentially a "first gen product" and first gen Apple products could always be better. Apple watch, iPad, iPhone, iPhone 4, iPhone 6 Plus were all greatly improved the next year. I expect the same from iPhone X. I bet if we could see what Apple has planned for 2018 we wouldn't buy any iPhones.
The thing is I'm itching for an upgrade and I'd really like to give the iPhone X a run, so I'll be a happy guinea pig on this with the full expectation that I may dump it in one year and get the new improved model.
Anyone buying phones on a two or three year cycle (the fiscally responsible thing to do) might want to reconsider getting the iPhone X which may feel pretty dated in three years at a premium price to boot. It's hard to say.
Honestly I think it's best to stick with iPhone 6S or 7 and wait til next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.