My Samsung tablet also keeps turning off after a while and then I have to wait until it cools off. My brother has the same pro

hhsmouter

Prominent
Oct 5, 2017
My battery works fine but it over heats real fast, and then it shuts down. Have I done something to cause this. I have a Samsung 8 inch tablet.

Solution
I am not saying it isn't charging, but it is often the battery that causes overheating.

I would really suggest having it looked at. Either through the manufacturer or a local tech. Just make sure, before it can go completely bad, you back up your personal data. Don't want to lose it all.
Well, depending on how old the battery is, it could just have reached its limit. Meaning you need to replace it. Or it could be a flawed battery if it is quite new.

If the device is under warranty I would contact the manufacturer about the issue and have them fix it. If, however, it is no longer under warranty they you can either do the work yourself (if you feel comfortable doing so) or take it to a local tech.

I would do this soon though. As the overheating can fry components and make the device totally unusable.

hhsmouter

Prominent
Oct 5, 2017

hhsmouter

Prominent
Oct 5, 2017
Actually the battery seams to be working fine. It charges and keeps the charge for a long time, so I don't think that that's the problem. It shuts down because it overy heats quickly, I think.

I am not saying it isn't charging, but it is often the battery that causes overheating.

I would really suggest having it looked at. Either through the manufacturer or a local tech. Just make sure, before it can go completely bad, you back up your personal data. Don't want to lose it all.

Solution