Google Pixel 2 XL vs. iPhone X: Here’s How They Stack Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

ianworthing

Prominent
Nov 4, 2017
The fact that you had to compare Google Assistant to wireless charging because you know Siri loses the category handily says it all. Pixel 2 XL for the win. And i woukd take a USB C charger that is compatible with a macbook over slow QI charging anyday.

jinda_2k3

Prominent
Nov 5, 2017
Tom's review for the iPhone x had been blatantly biased its so embarrassing. He tied iphone with note 8, giving iPhone the advantage on display wtf? With that ugly notch, lesser pixels and smaller screen, how can it beat note 8's display.

Then gave ipx the win for the camera when Dx0mark even gave both of them equal score with note 8 getting a perfect 100 on still images.

Then tied on the price when ipx is $50 more expensive than note 8.

The score was tied at 4 when reality is, Note 8 obviously won with 6-2. Note 8 should take design, display, camera (tied), battery, special features and price. While ipx should only get camera (tied) and performance.

allinbigt

Prominent
Nov 5, 2017
Regardless of who is biased or not..iphone X is going to win in the popularity and sales department. Preorders were over 40 million...not one single android handset was even remotely close in over all sales...and Samsung dropped $300 on the S8s the week iphone X was released because of sagging sales. The Note 8 is a beautiful phone though no lie, but since the iphone 4 I have been strictly iphone, and I came for weak toy-like plastic of the S3/S4 handsets of Samsung.

gauravgaikwad777

Prominent
Nov 7, 2017
Fingerprint Reader(+ Trusted Face) vs FaceID, user experience is far way better on any android phone
Picture in Picture mode, Pixel win
Screen tilt shift, tie
Screen top notch, Pixel Win
Google Assistance vs Siri, Pixel Win
Free Unlimited 3 years original quality photos vs $10 per month * 36 months = 360$ min, Pixel wins
2 year vs 1 year warranty, Pixel Win
Camera, Pixel win(see comments and video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3b-VvmAZn14&t=331s)
Mic quality, Pixel Win (Check last video)
All this for $150 less, Pixel Win

Too much biased opinion just because you are Apple Fan boy.

strangeanomaly

Prominent
Nov 7, 2017
I don't quite understand how someone can give the iPhone X the design win with that notch. It's kind of an eyesore. But design is such a subjective issue that it is difficult to take it seriously as a hard category for points anyway.

Nov 7, 2017
I have to say that I agree with the design winner. I absolutely despise rear fingerprint scanners. In terms of usability, I want to be able to biometrically unlock my phone while leaving it laying on the table - meaning without having to type in the passcode instead. It looks awful as well - maybe not everyone agrees. Just as I don't mind the notch - I don't love it, but I just have no feelings on it. Having the notch moved those couple of pieces of phone data like signal, battery life, and time, into the spaces at either side of the notch so the real usable screen area extends up to the notch. So for me, the quality of the OLED display plus not minding the notch at all plus the issues with Pixel's LG OLED panels makes iPhone the clear design and screen quality winner for me.

I do think the camera being a tie is a stretch. To be sure, this iteration of iPhone has drastically improved the photo quality, but low lighting is so common that needs to be weighted more heavily. The Pixel 2 has really improved their portrait mode. Portrait mode in iPhone 7Plus blew the Pixel out of the water, now they are even at best, iPhone possibly losing.

Having spent several days with Face ID, I can say for sure it is just a delight. Works quickly and correctly unless I'm laying in bed with my face smashed in my pillow. Also works in very bright sunlight and a completely dark room. This is not just hype- it's awesome.

Google assistant definitely beats Siri.

I don't know where $10 a month for icloud storage came from? It's free for the first 5G, so you don't *have* to pay for anything. I've had an iPhone since 2007, and only in 2016 did I exceed the need for 5G of storage. I now pay $2 a month for 50G of icloud storage. Where did $10 a month come from?

Stereo speakers - iPhone wins. Only important if you ever play music or watch videos with your speakers on...I don't really ever.

Price Pixel wins.

Security - iPhone win. Apple turns down far more government requests for information than Google.

Status
Not open for further replies.