Can Google’s Pixel 2 Win You Over?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aznstarchase86

Prominent
Sep 30, 2017
Pretty sure Verizon has a monopoly on pixel phones at Best buy also. You can only buy unlocked from 3rd party or Google store.

sjbutler23

Prominent
Sep 30, 2017
Lack of mira cast on later Google Nexus is an issue. I carry a Nexus 7 for this reason. Just got another Nexus 7 due to the mira cast. I also use the Pixel C, Nexus 9 and XL.

jesonger68

Prominent
Sep 30, 2017
I don't need a "Wow" factor. I just want my new phone to be better than my old one. And my old one is a Samsung GS7. So no wireless charging troubles me.

taylor.n8

Honorable
Sep 30, 2017
We need to return to the GPE of the Samsung Galaxy S series or LG V30. The hardware is excellent on these devices. The bloatware and the untimely updated is what pushed me away from non Google phones. That's why I am sticking with iPhone and Google Pixel.

mark_887797

Honorable
Sep 22, 2017
Nope. Maybe in a couple of more years when Google and HTC come up with a new smartphone. As of right now, Google is using schematics from design, features et al from a few years ago.

Curt Smith

Estimable
Apr 10, 2015
My FWIW re my wifes buying the Google XL 6 mo ago. Naked android, no bloat.

- I was shocked how naked android is when you don't have the fixes Samsung (maybe others) put over the sorely lacking android function!!

No little numbers of un-read SMS messages showing on the Texting app. Shocking!!!! How can you use a phone that doesn't help you see what you've missed?

After posting and digging on the android forums, the "experts" where practically bragging "no stinking events, alerts or dumb numbers on our "true" android". OMG what a useless OS for a business person who needs to get to calendar events, jump for the phone when a LOUD alert sound says a text / email / calendar event came in.

Then there's the broken alert noise that is 1/2 loudness the device is capabile of. Broken!

I'll never buy a non-Samsung phone again! I'll suffer with the bloatware and shutup. Grrrrr

I'm an old timer software designer / developer. If this was android 1.0 (more like 0.8) I'd say ok,,,, they'll get to the real purpose of a smart phone, make a person more productive. But this is what? version 6.x or later. WTF!! No sense that androids maturity re business use is so poor.

Sorry for ranting, but this is relavent to this phone since it runs naked android. Good hardware immature OS.

Status
Not open for further replies.