Alienware 17 R3 Battery Failure

blakvidu

Prominent
Sep 28, 2017
My alienware 17 r3 has suddenly stopped working on battery, but once i plug in the charger, it works as normal. But while powering on, I receive the following error,

""Your battery has experienced permanent failure and needs to be replaced. Strike the F1 key to continue, F2 to run the setup utility."

After pressing f1 it works as usual. But when the AC adapter is removed, the laptop turn off immediately. And i have noted that even the laptop is plugged in, the batters says "not charging" and it's always 64%. But the charging sign is there.

And also i have noted that my mouse isn't working properly. I saw another thread on this issue on a 17 R2.

http://www.tomsguide.com/answers/id-3425152/bad-motherboard-bad-battery-alienware-17r2-laptop.html

I need to know whether it is a battery problem or a mother board problem. If it's a battery problem what should I do?

robottow

Prominent
Oct 17, 2017
I have the exact same failure and the battery has been working perfectly until 2 days ago.
Does anyone have an answer for this apart from telling us we need a new battery?
Thanks

nabeelausa

Prominent
Dec 11, 2017
maybe you can send it back to alienware to get a replacement because I hear dell actually sends tech people to your home with replacement parts to fix the issue. I personally have never experienced that with my 15r3 but That is what I have heard from others who had problems just as yourself. Hope this helped have a good day,