To Boldly No: Star Trek Discovery is Crashing Roku

Status
Not open for further replies.

jms91073

Prominent
Sep 28, 2017
Tried to watch on my Motorola X Pure on Android and the screen kept going dark and coming back, every three or four seconds. So now I can't watch on a Roku or Android. Two down. CBS only has a few days of my trial period to fix this mess before I cancel and never go back.

glee29

Prominent
Oct 7, 2017
I am hard of hearing and use Closed Captioning on all my TV channels.... cable and Roku. The captioning on the CBS All Access Roku channel for one show, Star Trek: Discovery, is faulty, missing whole lines of the dialog throughout the episodes I have watched. The captioning works fine when viewed via computer at the All Access web site. The first episode on CBS broadcast TV also had full captions with no problem. ONLY the Roku channel has the issue. I emailed the closed captioning contact address at CBS but received no acknowledgement or reply. Could you test it on your Roku device? The captions will work, but whole lines of dialog are missing. I am using a new Roku Express.

frankietrice

Prominent
Oct 27, 2017
No problems so far with my Roku device I received thru Sling TV. I’ve watched all episodes of Discovery, but I always wait to view them a day or two later than they air so the family can all watch it together.

Status
Not open for further replies.