Wallpaper Portrait display vs. Landscape

nickyaq

Prominent
Sep 20, 2017
Hello, I have a Astro Tab A-10 and wondering how to resolve a problem I notice with the wallpaper display.

Astro Tab A10 – 10 inch tablet, Octa Core, Android 6.0 Marshmallow, 1GB RAM, 16GB Flash, HD IPS Display 1280x800

The wallpaper I want to use (for our company) has a logo in the middle. When it is viewed holding the tablet in landscape it looks great. However when I rotate the tablet and use it in portrait (vertically) it looks like the wallpaper zooms in, the logo appears much larger and it moves to the right of the screen getting mostly cut off.

Is there a way to accomodate for this kind of behavior? Ideally I'd like the logo centered on each display. Is there some kind of tool or app that is needed to resolve this?

Any help would really be appreciated.

Thank you.

Did you make sure it is the right size for both views? Remember that when you hold the tablet different directions, the amount of space left/right is changed due to scrolling. So if you sized it to small to fill that space, it would resize when you change the direction.

nickyaq

Prominent
Sep 20, 2017

Hi, thanks for your response.

The wallpaper I'm using is 1920x1408 which should be big enough for both layouts. I actually followed the advise on the following page to have the wallpaper created.

https://www.rarst.net/hardware/android-tablet-wallpaper-size/

I really wanted the logo on it since the tablet will be customer facing, if not perhaps we'll just go with something generic.

Thanks