I CANNOT FIND OPTION ON OPENING APPS ON MY CHINA PHONE i9308 ESPECIALL ON MEMORY CARD. PLEASE ANYONE CAN READ THIS PLEASE PUBL

dec31combatee

Prominent
Sep 20, 2017
I CANNOT FIND OPTION ON OPENING APPS ON MY CHINA PHONE i9308 ESPECIALL ON MEMORY CARD. PLEASE ANYONE CAN READ THIS PLEASE PUBLISH. . TNX

Solution
Please do not type in all caps.

If you are wanting to run apps from a SD card rather than the phone itself, it is going to depend on the OS the phone is using. If you are using an Android phone, then try the following.

First, you need to be using a phone that is running at least Android "Marshmallow" (or newer) or be able to upgrade to it. Second, you will need the instructions I am including below. And third, you need a phone that has not been restricted by the manufacturer from making this change. Which does happen.

NOTE: If any of the steps are missing on your phone, or they don't work for you, then you have a phone that either has an older Android version or has been restricted by the manufacturer.

How to turn the "External" SD...
Please do not type in all caps.

If you are wanting to run apps from a SD card rather than the phone itself, it is going to depend on the OS the phone is using. If you are using an Android phone, then try the following.

First, you need to be using a phone that is running at least Android "Marshmallow" (or newer) or be able to upgrade to it. Second, you will need the instructions I am including below. And third, you need a phone that has not been restricted by the manufacturer from making this change. Which does happen.

NOTE: If any of the steps are missing on your phone, or they don't work for you, then you have a phone that either has an older Android version or has been restricted by the manufacturer.

How to turn the "External" SD card into "Internal" storage on "Marshmallow".

NOTE: Please be sure you start with a blank SD card. It needs to be blank because when the card is converted to "Internal" storage, it will be formatted (wiped) and encoded (making the cards data only readable by that device).

1. Go to device “Settings”, then select “Storage”.
2. Select your "SD Card", then tap the “three-dot menu“ (top-right), now select “Settings” from in there.
3. Now select “Format as internal”, and then “Erase & Format”.
4. Your SD Card will now be formatted as internal storage.
5. Reboot your phone.

NOTE: If you don't reboot the phone, many things may not work correctly, so make sure you do.

How to turn the "External" SD card into "Internal" storage on "Nougat".

IMPORTANT NOTE: Be sure you start with a blank SD card. When the card is converted to "Internal" storage, it will be formatted (wiped) and encoded (making the cards data only readable by that device), so anything on it prior would be gone.

1. Go to "Settings", and then select "Storage & USB".
2. At the bottom of the list you should see the SD card's details, including the option to format it and make it "Internal" storage.
3. Once this is done, reboot the device and you can start running things from the card.

If you don't reboot the phone, some things may not work correctly, so make sure you do the reboot.

Solution

mickhurl13

Prominent
Oct 8, 2017
Ok so I rebooted. It read the SD card. I followed the instructions to make it internal storage and rebooted again. Problem is when I go to download an app it will only look at my internal storage on device and not the SD even though I made it part of the internal storage. Any ideas?

mickhurl13

Prominent
Oct 8, 2017
Figured out my problem. Cannot download apps from Google Play as it will only go to the phones internal storage BUT I can download any apps off the web. Also all files and pics go to the SD card. I'm set! Thanks for the assist!