I can't find my wifi but other devices can

migsluis23

Prominent
Sep 18, 2017
I have my Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime and I was trying to connect to this new network the upstairs people( I live in a basement sweet) set up but end up finding out, it can't connect!! My tablet which I'm using is connected but not my phone! I don't have access to the router to reebot it! Please help

Solution
Did you try testing the phone on a different WiFi to see if it will connect to that one? Say at a friends or a free public one? I say this because if the WiFi works elsewhere, then you can download any needed updates when using a different WiFi.

Now, if your phone won't access WiFi anywhere, I would start to wonder if there is an actual problem with the phone. In this case, I would then recommend going through to step 6 listed above. BUT BE SURE you back up the personal data (contacts, photos, videos, music, etc.,) to another device, say a computer, before doing it as all data will be reset on the phone and it will wipe everything that is on there now. Should that not work, then there may well be a physical problem with the phone...
1. Test your phone on a different WiFi to make sure that it will connect to that.

2. Try and restart the phone. Sometimes it is that simple.

3. Update the firmware and any apps that need updating on the phone.

4. If the problem persists, check your time and date on the phone to make sure it is correct.

5. Should none of the former work...
a. Clear out the WiFi data on the phone.
b. Since you can't reboot the modem, do reboot the phone after clearing out the WiFi data.
c. Once the phone on again, re-input the WiFi data.

6. Now, if you are still having the problem at this point, and you are sure it isn't the modem/router that is the problem. Then you may wish to try a "Hard Reset" of the device. However, I really suggest saving this as a last option (or last before parts repair/replacement).

NOTE: Doing this will clear 'all' the data on your phone, so it is suggested you not choose this option unless you have to, or aren't worried about losing anything on the device.

Be sure you back up any data you want to keep, to a computer or cloud account, before doing the reset.

To "Hard Reset" the phone...

1. Make sure that the phone is actually powered off.

2. Press the "Power" and the "Volume Up" buttons, together, until you see the start-up logo on the screen.

3. Once you can see the logo, release the buttons and allow the device to enter the "System Recovery Mode".

4. Next use "Volume Down" button to get to the "wipe data/factory reset" option When in recovery mode the "Volume Up" and "Volume Down" buttons are how to can navigate and highlight what option you need.

5. Once you have selected the "wipe data/factory reset", press the "Power" button to select that option.

6. On the following screen, repeatedly press the "Volume Down" button until the "Yes - delete all user data" option is what is selected.

7. Then press the "Power" button to hard reset the phone.

migsluis23

Prominent
Sep 18, 2017
But how am I going to update my software if there's no wifi, I already did my factory reset in my friends house and when I came back, nothing works! And I can't access that router cause I live in a basement sweet

Did you try testing the phone on a different WiFi to see if it will connect to that one? Say at a friends or a free public one? I say this because if the WiFi works elsewhere, then you can download any needed updates when using a different WiFi.

Now, if your phone won't access WiFi anywhere, I would start to wonder if there is an actual problem with the phone. In this case, I would then recommend going through to step 6 listed above. BUT BE SURE you back up the personal data (contacts, photos, videos, music, etc.,) to another device, say a computer, before doing it as all data will be reset on the phone and it will wipe everything that is on there now. Should that not work, then there may well be a physical problem with the phone.

Also, if the phone is still under warranty, then you should just contact the manufacturer about having it repaired. Just back everything up before sending it in as they can wipe the device as well or even replace it.

Solution