Rca tablet keyboard issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlavoy

Prominent
Sep 10, 2017
All of a sudden my rca tablet started using a touch screen keyboard. How do I turn it off

Well a touchscreen keyboard is pretty standard for tablets. If you are using a physical keyboard then I would check its connection to the device. Try restarting the tablet first. If that doesn't work then make sure the keyboard is charged, or it may need a new battery. If that isn't the case, the keyboard may need replacing.

gunnerk20

Prominent
Jan 28, 2018
Maybe Learn about what it is you speak of,....... The key board is a detachable feature of the RCA tablet and the touch screen should only come on when detached <.... I To am having this problem wtf is the issue RCA?

Luckily, I do know what I am talking about. :) The tablet can work without the keyboard and all the options/suggestions I mentioned are ways to fix the problem. Doesn't matter if the device came with a keyboard or not. They function as an external optional device. If it doesn't work, there are only so many things you can do to make it work. Should none of those options resolve the problem, then this leaves replacing the keyboard. The only other options I would think relevant here, that are not mentioned, would be the connection from the keyboard to the tablet being damaged (internally or externally) on either device.

gunnerk20

Prominent
Jan 28, 2018

Sorry no you don't! After speaking with RCA support the “INTEGRATED KEYBOARD” when connected to the table defaults to “SHOW INPUT METHOD” which displays via the touchscreen in order to turn this off you go into settings and toggle off the option “SHOW INPUT METHOD” thus shutting down the touch screen keyboard unless you disconnect the keyboard from the tablet and then the touch screen keyboard will come up. This feature is so that you can see what keys you are typing in case your not so skilled at the keyboard. Problem solved not to complex no need to replace anything!

Status
Not open for further replies.