Big iPhone Leaks Reveal Name, Colors and Features

Status
Not open for further replies.

pbryd

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2007
"The name is likely an illusion to the 10th anniversary of the iPhone, which first hit the market in 2017."

Shouldn't that be 2007

PhilipMichaels

Estimable
Oct 1, 2014

Only if you value being correct.

Fixed.

jacobf.dejean

Prominent
Sep 10, 2017
"The name is likely an illusion to the 10th anniversary of the iPhone, which first hit the market in 2007."

"illusion" should be "allusion"

PhilipMichaels

Estimable
Oct 1, 2014

Clearly that sentence is proving problematic.

blowmymines

Prominent
Sep 11, 2017
First off I want a phone that gives me an option to turn off the front camera. There are many apps that use facial recognition technology to track your reaction to the stimulus on the phone, thus reading your emotions and mind.

This is a very slippery slope for the whole technology world as I don't want advertisers to know how I feel about the stimulus of their ad placements. Nor do I want any of this data to be stored anywhere for future use by humans or AI with unintended consequences.

I personally invented my own device that slides on the phones screen to cover the camera all the time and I can move it it off when I want to take a picture.

This is just a way to take advantage of you and gain more data on how you think. This is no different than ancestry and those dumb as kits to test your DNA. You do realize your handing over your dna to a data brokerage company that can sell your dna information to anyone without your consent. Also this is vulnerable to criminals and hackers who could set you up with a crime by placing your DNA at a scene.

Think twice before you adopt any technology. I'll personally be keeping my iPhone 6 Plus forever now as I don't want apple and the government to use my facial reactions to read my mind like the current social App in Russia is already doing.

Keep giving up for your freedoms, there's always a secondary purpose for these products. Facebook owns Ooovooo app that "compresses your data to help with carriers plan" This is bullshit as all it does is give facebok access to every single file on your phone. Today's technology is dangerous, it might not be used maliciously today but it will be in the future. Good luck keeping your privacy and from advertising companies reading your minds and thus controlling how you think.

Status
Not open for further replies.