Galaxy tab 4 stuck and won't turn off

steviewyattjr.k

Prominent
Sep 10, 2017
I started the tablet and its on the android app start in screen and I tried to turn if off it won't do anything at all. It just keeps on the page saying android is starting starting apps it wont turn off either how can I fix this

Solution
Well you are going to have to turn it off to do anything. If you can't turn it off on your own, then you will either have to wait for it to drain of power or pull the battery.

Yes, I know tablet batteries are hard to get to. If your device is under warranty then don't open it up, however if it isn't then that is another option for getting it to turn off.

Once off, let it charge for a little while (not fully) and then try turning it on in "Safe Mode". If it will turn on then, which is a restricted mode, then you probably have a virus, malware or bad app on the device that needs to be removed. Once removed you can restart the tablet to get out of "Safe Mode".

If it won't start in "Safe Mode" either, then you may well have to do a "Hard...
Well you are going to have to turn it off to do anything. If you can't turn it off on your own, then you will either have to wait for it to drain of power or pull the battery.

Yes, I know tablet batteries are hard to get to. If your device is under warranty then don't open it up, however if it isn't then that is another option for getting it to turn off.

Once off, let it charge for a little while (not fully) and then try turning it on in "Safe Mode". If it will turn on then, which is a restricted mode, then you probably have a virus, malware or bad app on the device that needs to be removed. Once removed you can restart the tablet to get out of "Safe Mode".

If it won't start in "Safe Mode" either, then you may well have to do a "Hard Reset" of the device, however I would really suggest saving that as a last resort as it will wipe all your personal data off the device.

To get into "Safe Mode" please do the following.

1. First turn off the tablet.

2. Next press and hold "Power" until you see the manufacturers logo on the screen, then release the power button.

3. "Quickly" press "Volume Down" and hold it for few seconds until you see the message "Safe mode: ON" or something similar.

4. If you wanted disable it, simply repeat the steps above, and you should see "Safe Mode: OFF" rather than on.

Solution