Just How Screwed Are We by the Equifax Data Breach?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bogdobbler

Commendable
Feb 27, 2016
Signing up for the TrustedID identity protection requires you to relinquish any rights to sue Equifax or join a class action suit against them. That's a pretty shady way to protect themselves while posing as protecting you.

Barnbaby

Estimable
Mar 27, 2015
You might consider putting a freeze on access to your credit reports at all 3 of the credit-reporting agencies. I was charged $10 at each agency. If someone has my information, they won't be able to open accounts, get loans, etc. since access to the credit reports is frozen until I unfreeze them. If you do need to let someone access your credit information, you can temporarily unfreeze the account at the credit agency they are trying to access (such as when applying for a job).

dguith

Estimable
Mar 20, 2014
Problem with even a freeze, these equiforks gave up ALL personal info that could undo your freeze quite easily. All they need is name, birthdate, and address to terminate or change your freeze. Keep checking and for a long time. Hopefully, a class action and criminal charges for withholding info will put them out of business. Write or call your representatives and demand so!

Status
Not open for further replies.