Can YouTube hide a comment of mine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adamastor

Estimable
Nov 3, 2016
(I'm not sure if this is the right forum to place this question,but here it goes.)
Few days ago, on another computer, i was looking to possible reactions to a comment that i've placed a week before related to a Q&A vídeo that the author uploaded.And here lies the problem.
My comment wasn't there!I could view the other comments, but not mine!The funny thing is in my other computer,which has my Youtube definitions,i could see my comment posted along the others but when i switch to the other computer,which doesn't have my Youtube definitions,when search for the vídeo, again, my comment didn't appear.
What i'm saying is this:Can Youtube hide,for whatever reason, a comment posted or the author of the vídeo can hide any comment that they view to be "embarassing" to a general audience of viewers.If it is the former,i just want to say for the record, i didn't violate Youtube Terms of Service. I didn't use obscene language,hateful speech or anything like that.I just posted a comment in light of the video's context.That's it.Can any of you answer this?

I've noticed on some sites, posts which are visible to logged in users aren't always immediately visible to anonymous readers. I suspect it's some sort of legal protection system - let your registered users see and report possible offensive content before the entire world can see it.

Adamastor

Estimable
Nov 3, 2016

That's interesting.however some of the comments that i've seen posted,were downright offensive to author.What i really want to know, is the author has the ability to simply disappear a comment or it's just a technical glitch on part of Youtube.How this thing of being a youtuber really works.

Jeff Mongillo

Estimable
Mar 15, 2014

YouTube is owned by Google, and thus, can do whatever they want. That being said, I believe that a content poster can also "hide" a comment, if they so choose, as well as turn comments off completely.

Adamastor

Estimable
Nov 3, 2016
I jumped over the gun on this one.A few minutes ago when i watched the vídeo again,i pay more attention on a button called 'Top Comments'.In there was the option 'Newest First',click there and i saw my comment there.So,sorry about that.
I appreciate the feedback though, and if anyone else has anything more to say i'll then wrap up this thread and call it a day.Thanks.

Adamastor

Estimable
Nov 3, 2016

The comments posted on Youtube are placed,by default,as 'Top Comments'.I don't know exactly what that means,but it's how Youtube works.What pisses me off however,is when i sign in for something, i expect the other part to be on the level.

Sep 6, 2018
Youtube has quite a few options for moderating the videos:

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/111870?hl=en

Holding & Reviewing Commends for Approval has these options:

• ■ Hold all comments for approval
    ■ Hold comments with links for review
    ■ Hold potentially inappropriate commends for your review
    ■ Review comments filtered as spam
    ■ Review comments held for review
    ■ Bulk management for videos

You can also remove a comment, report spam or abuse, as well as "hide form channel" which puts a user on a blacklist which prevents them from posting on any of your videos on your channel.

I was freaked out to see that my comment was gone while on a public system/someone else's account but then saw it was still there on my account. It's surely because my comment had a link in it which put it into a moderation queue, if it's a busy channel it's unlikely that comment will ever see the light of day : \

Status
Not open for further replies.