how to uninstall android apps, such as google calendar?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shopwr14

Prominent
Aug 28, 2017
When I switch on my Samsung N7000 android, it auto starts the calandar , and possbly other apps I do not need. how do I stop this and uninstall programs I do not want. I went to developer mode but cannot find where to list processes or which apps are currently running

Solution
You shouldn't need to be in developer mode. Just go into your "Settings" then "Apps" and scroll right/left to the "ALL" tab. Now scroll down and locate the apps you want to access, and tap the app name. In with each app you should see options like "Clear Cache", "Clear Data", "Uninstall Updates", "Uninstall", "Disable", etc. (Note: not all apps will have all options.)

If it is an app you never use, but that is not removable, you can use the "Uninstall Updates" and "Disable" options. However it will still then prompt you to update regularly, and when the device is restarted it will be re-enabled. Some will actually turn themselves back on even without a reboot.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Be careful of which apps you mess with as you can do more...
You shouldn't need to be in developer mode. Just go into your "Settings" then "Apps" and scroll right/left to the "ALL" tab. Now scroll down and locate the apps you want to access, and tap the app name. In with each app you should see options like "Clear Cache", "Clear Data", "Uninstall Updates", "Uninstall", "Disable", etc. (Note: not all apps will have all options.)

If it is an app you never use, but that is not removable, you can use the "Uninstall Updates" and "Disable" options. However it will still then prompt you to update regularly, and when the device is restarted it will be re-enabled. Some will actually turn themselves back on even without a reboot.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Be careful of which apps you mess with as you can do more harm that good.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.