Fast charging my phone

newatpcbuilding

Prominent
Jun 4, 2017
So i just got a new phone, Nokia 5 and i've never had fast charging before. So i just want to ask if the charger i got with it fast charges the phone or does the phone fast charge everywhere it's plugged in? I heard fast charging can damage your battery. Will any other charger damage my phone?

Solution

You need both a good adapter and a good cable to use fast charging. I have charged the same phone or tablet using the same adapter, and using a short good...
Fast charging should not damage the battery, but some cheaper quality chargers and cables will not work with that function. Plug it in and note the time to charge on it. My Samsung phone can vary from a bit over 1 hr to 2+ hrs depending on what charger and cable I use.

newatpcbuilding

Prominent
Jun 4, 2017

Thanks, does it matter if i use any other chargers on this phone besides the default one? Will it still work if i plug the cable from the charger into a computer will it still fast charge?
What actually fast charges- my phone, the adapter you plug in the wall or the cable that you plug in the adapter?

You need both a good adapter and a good cable to use fast charging. I have charged the same phone or tablet using the same adapter, and using a short good quality cable, the charge time was a lot less than using a cheap thinner and longer cable.

You can use any charger and cable with the phone with no damage providing it meets the specs for charging, including a laptop USB ports.

Solution