Android goes to lock screen when on a call

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aja___

Commendable
Jan 21, 2017
When I make a call on my gs5 or receive a call it goes immediately to a lock screen page. If I have to use the # pad to hit a number on a call it takes time to unlock to get Bck to the call. Any suggestions or advice. This is a Bck up phone till I can fix my GS7 and its very frustrating, BC I have to make calls all day for work and basically fight with my phone to get to my call screen. Ty ahead of time..

Aja___

Commendable
Jan 21, 2017
Ty but I tried that I have it set to 10 mins the longest amount they have. I did get rid of my peel remote which helped a bit, but still as soon as a hit a contact to call it instantly goes black and I have to fight it Bck on all I did was eliminate one of the locks and I have it set as none on my locks. The only time I notice that I have to unlock is when I'm charging. Ty for trying to help...

That is very odd. Are you sure there isn't an app that is causing your issue, or malware or a virus? Any of those could cause this problem. You might want to try starting up the device in "Safe Mode" and see if the problem happens then. Granted you will have restricted access while in it, but if the problem doesn't show while you are, then you know it is something on the device (app, malware, virus, etc.,) that is the cause and you would need to remove whatever it is to resolve the problem.

To get into "Safe Mode" please do the following.

1. First turn off the phone.

2. Next press and hold "Power" until you see the manufacturers logo on the screen, then release the power button.

3. "Quickly" press "Volume Down" and hold it for few seconds until you see the message "Safe mode: ON" or something similar.

4. If you wanted disable it, simply repeat the steps above, and you should see "Safe Mode: OFF" rather than on.

Aja___

Commendable
Jan 21, 2017
My lockscreen is off and my timer is at the max 10 mins. It seems to happen immediately after I dial the number and then sometimes I can hit the home button it will go Bck on to the call screen but most the time it goes to a dbl lockscreen. Thanks for trying to help.

Aja___

Commendable
Jan 21, 2017
No but it stopped for a bit when I got rid of the peelsmart app, but not worried my new fon will b here on the first. Its just a temp fon till I get my s7 fixed for xmas BC this fon was just a horrible Bck up n has a ghost screen but they NVR notified me when they had a call Bck.

Status
Not open for further replies.