Verizon's New Unlimited Plans Are All Worse Than Before

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashley_P

Prominent
Mar 5, 2017
The unfortunate fact is that there isnt remotely enough bandwidth currently (on any carrier), even with the improvements in speed, for everyone to stream video at the same time. I am not a Verizon fan or a fan of their plans and have never had their service, but given that broadcast OTA tv is 720p, which is still more than acceptably sharp on 60+ in screens (most 32 in tv's are 720p), asking for 1080p on a phone screen seems like a technical nit pick. Just because the phone screen can do it, doesnt mean the difference is noticeable. 480 is however, noticeably grainy on tv sized screens. on 6 I'd expect it to be acceptable . Perhaps the phones could sw/firmware upscale.

rayreavis

Prominent
Aug 23, 2017
I agree with Ashley_P. Probably not a noticeable difference on a small phone screen. My biggest concern is bandwidth restraints on using my phone or tablet as a Hotspot. Add a remote worker I have used my phone or tablet as a Hotspot as an occasional backup to my normal carrier at home or while traveling. It's very important to have bandwidth on the road sufficient for my employers VPN connection but I don't use it often enough to justify a dedicated hotspot.

tndbaker

Prominent
Aug 23, 2017
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8Egc2hCPQA&t=5s

I made a video that just plain proves they are lying through their teeth. And I'm a Verizon customer!!!!! At least if I were to switch to T-Mobile I could pay to be able to use my product how I want. It really is just an excuse to not update any existing technology. All of the carriers are guilty, but Verizon I would say is most guilty for their reasoning, just straight lying to customers.

jnone23

Prominent
Sep 15, 2017
Perhaps it's a massive success on Samsung's books but there's a complete failure of Samsung's rollout of the devices for customers who preordered directly from Samsung's website.
I ordered the Verizon Note 8 on 9/8/17, received confirmation email stating phone "Will ship by Sep 15th 2017". Status of order was stuck on "Pre-Order" until today when it was updated to "Confirmed". I was able to watch a friend (Sprint customer) who ordered on 9/11/17 unbox his phone yesterday. There's no excuse for carrier customers to receive their phones before those of us who ordered directly through Samsung. If you search the Samsung Blog Community there are literally thousands of people with the same complaint. Some of them previously had the Note 7, preordered in August and were promised extra attention from Samsung but still have not even had their orders confirmed.

SHAME ON YOU SAMSUNG!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS