Moto G5 Plus - Headphone/Audio Quality Issues

bsommer234

Prominent
Aug 11, 2017
Hello everyone,

About a week ago my Moto X Pure screen shattered and I was forced to buy a new smartphone. I went with the Moto G5 Plus and so far am really disappointed. When plugging the phone into my AUX cord in the car, or with a pair of headphones in the house, the sound quality is horrendous compared to what I was used to with the Moto X Pure. I am not talking about the phone's speakers but the actual sound quality when something is connected to the phone via 3.5 mm jack.

In the car, I used to be able to play songs through "Google Play Music" with the car volume level at "45". On the exact same songs I now have to put the volume level to "MAX" volume at "62" and it STILL sounds WEAK and shitty as []. I was under the impression that when you are wired to a 3.5 mm jack it should sound crisp, loud and clear, as this is my experience with headphone jacks dating back to the original iPods in 2003. Did Motorola chose to go really cheap on the audio hardware/chipset for this phone? And more importantly what can I do to fix this problem so I can go back to enjoying listening to music on my smartphone. Thanks and any help would be appreciated!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
You can't fix the problem on the device. Your best bet would be to change out the phone for one that is more music positive. If you just bought it, that shouldn't be a problem.

bsommer234

Prominent
Aug 11, 2017
MERGED QUESTION
Question from bsommer234 : "Moto G5 Plus - Audio/Headphone Quality Issues"

Hello everyone,

About a week ago my Moto X Pure screen shattered and I was forced to buy a new smartphone. I went with the Moto G5 Plus and so far am really disappointed. When plugging the phone into my AUX cord in the car, or with a pair of headphones in the house, the sound quality is horrendous compared to what I was used to with the Moto X Pure. I am not talking about the phone's speakers but the actual sound quality when something is connected to the phone via 3.5 mm jack.

In the car, I used to be able to play songs through "Google Play Music" with the car volume level at "45". On the exact same songs I now have to put the volume level to "MAX" volume at "62" and it STILL sounds WEAK and shitty as []. I was under the impression that when you are wired to a 3.5 mm jack it should sound crisp, loud and clear, as this is my experience with headphone jacks dating back to the original iPods in 2003. Did Motorola chose to go really cheap on the audio hardware/chipset for this phone? And more importantly what can I do to fix this problem so I can go back to enjoying listening to music on my smartphone. Thanks and any help would be appreciated!!!

Last edited by a moderator: