Broken LCD screen, vibrates when charging, recover data

tom303

Prominent
Aug 2, 2017
Hello.

My friend asked me to help him with his broken tablet.

It is Lenovo B8000 60047.

The tablet has fallen on the ground and the screen is cracked.

The device is not turning on.

When connected to charger, screen blinks for some miliseconds and vibrates every 5 seconds (more or less).

My friend needs data from this device (images and movies).

When I connect it to my laptop with USB cable, it behaves the same as it was connected to charger.

Windows try to find drivers but fails to do this (windows 7).

I understand that it is impossible to get data by using ADB, when tablet is not rooted and USB debugging is off?

I would appreciate every advice

Tom

Solution
Maybe. If it was say turning partially on or just registering that something is connected to the computer. Like when you connect an MP3 player to a computer to charge. It can't be accessed (the data) if it is turned off. However the computer will usually still recognize something is there.

The only way to access it for sure is to repair it. Unless the data was on a SD card in the device, then you might be able to access that.

tom303

Prominent
Aug 2, 2017

Thank you for your answer.

I assume that it is turned on. Would windows start to try installing drivers if the devices was turned off?

Maybe. If it was say turning partially on or just registering that something is connected to the computer. Like when you connect an MP3 player to a computer to charge. It can't be accessed (the data) if it is turned off. However the computer will usually still recognize something is there.

The only way to access it for sure is to repair it. Unless the data was on a SD card in the device, then you might be able to access that.

Solution