Can This Run Oculus Rift VR?

Denganim20

Prominent
Jun 29, 2017
Hey guys here will be my soon to be rig, I'm just wondering if it can run an Oculus Rift VR as I have heard the PC requirements for that is high.
-AMD Ryzen 5 1600
-Nvidia GTX 1060 6gb
-16gb 3200MHz
My motherboard should have 3 usb 3.0 ports as well.
Thanks in advance for the help!

Solution
Yes, it can run an Oculus Rift, and quite well. The minimum requirement is a GTX 1050 Ti, and your GTX 1060 6GB is well above that.

Don't listen to the naysayers, with new titles like Lone Echo and the price drop, it's an excellent time to buy into VR.

Chugalug_

Estimable
Yes it can run it, but not well. Even with a 1080 Ti it struggles sometimes on the test system we have running it.
It's just not worth spending money on VR headsets, especially with such a rig.
The experience just isn't high quality yet, wait for second gen VR, the fly screen door effect is still there, titles are lacking and expensive, and the polish needs to be worked up a bit.
Spend it on an upgrade to a 1080 Ti or something. ;)

Sakkura

Distinguished
Yes, it can run an Oculus Rift, and quite well. The minimum requirement is a GTX 1050 Ti, and your GTX 1060 6GB is well above that.

Don't listen to the naysayers, with new titles like Lone Echo and the price drop, it's an excellent time to buy into VR.

Solution

Chugalug_

Estimable
The minimum is a 970...
@Sakkura, i've experienced both headsets, and I work in a store. You say don't listen to the naysayers, but does the experience really warrant $500 with a lack of truly exclusive title availability, high costs for games and the fly screen door effect?
@OP, try out VR before buying, up to you whether you want that use of your cash.

Denganim20

Prominent
Jun 29, 2017

I guess VR is worth a shot and maybe I can increase performance by turning down graphical settings. I appreciate the feedback guys, I'll give VR a try.