Is my tablet's battery defective?

ZeroUrashima

Estimable
Sep 4, 2014
I was reading news on cbc and my battery was ~50% then the next moment, I got a forced auto shutdown. I rebooted and after the boot, when I got to the password screen, I got another forced shut down and I noticed my battery is at 1% for some odd reasons.

Then I decided to plug in my charger and I get 2 patterns:
1) It boots my tablet even if I didn't ask for it but can't past the Lenovo logo. It goes to the logo, goes black, goes back to logo and repeat. If I pull out charger, then i get to the password screen then auto shutdown

2) It doesn't boot and shows me that my tablet still has 48%. I tried to charge it and managed to get it to 59% before trying other things.

I tried wiping the thing and do a factory reset but it doesn't fix but this thing has odd behaviors.

First, sometimes, I can log in and install stuff but won't last for more than an hour. Sometimes, I get the auto shutdown at the setup screen after wipe when I'm not even connected to the net.

Second, while I get shutdowns after getting to the password screen, I have NEVER gotten one in recovery mode or during the first boot after a wipe. I did scans and multiple wipe and i never got problems but when I get to the login screen, very often, I get a shutdown in seconds.

Third, despite showing 1% after I get to the log in screen, when I charge it shut down, it says 50%.

Fourth, like I said, sometimes, even with my charger on, I can't even boot.

Is my battery getting defective or is there something wrong with the OS or something?

edit: I managed to use 4% of the power before it shut down on my last wipe. there is definitely power left in it but i get the 1% force shutdown anyway...

Battery can charge according to the % while shut down, power doesn't cause any problems in recovery mode and during first boot but I get this weird problem.

ZeroUrashima

Estimable
Sep 4, 2014
Tried booting in safe mode but still auto shutdown. Guess it's not a malware.

Still don't get why battery charges, works perfectly fine in recovery mode and during first boot's load but fails afterwards...

ZeroUrashima

Estimable
Sep 4, 2014
Okay, I managed to get in and install Malwarebytes and did a scan but nothing came out.
I used Repair Battery Life and fixed some cells that were "low" but didn't change anything.
I didn't install an app outside of google play for at least an year.
Safe mode and wipes don't change anything.
I updated 5.0 to 6.0 after the problem started (managed to last long enough for the update to complete)

Things that is odd:
It shows that it's charging when it is shut down and I got it to 100% but the battery display % drops to 1% after I boot. Sometimes, after a wipe, I can use the thing for ~30 mins so there definitely is power in it. A malware that changes the battery display % and screws me up?
It never crashes in recovery mode and boot.

After the drop happens, if I plug in the charger, I get sent to the logo Lenovo then black screen then logo and repeat. If it is shut down for a while and I charge, it charges normally.

Malware or hardware problem?
I'm tempted to just give up and buy a new one, I didn't like this Lenovo A10-70F anyway...

ZeroUrashima

Estimable
Sep 4, 2014
Okay, I finally decided to open to the thing and check if the battery is the problem.

While it does seem to have a budge on one side, it look a bit too rectangle (lines are very straight) to be a sign of bad battery, more like a sticker or something under it.

On the other hand, I tried to use my tablet with a charger only without a battery.
It goes to Lenovo screen, goes black, goes back to Lenovo, goes black. Motherboard screwed up?

Edit:
Oh, it's not supposed to run without battery. Meh, guess that doesn't help.