Looking for general laptop under £1000

generaljuly

Prominent
Jul 14, 2017
Looking for a laptop after my old iPad is nearing its time and my computer is not what I want. Only had a laptop years ago and it costed £60, please excuse any blunders as I'm not good with tech words.

Looking for something smallish with a nice quality screen (mainly using the laptop for movies, tv shows, schoolwork, social media, YouTube, Netflix etc, not much gaming save for an odd Steam game or online game site) and not very thin. I don't need a desktop replacement but it won't be taken out much. Battery life would preferably be minimum six hours, would like to have it for at least three years. Budget's around £1000 but very preferably cheaper, I'd constantly be worrying I'd break it. Main thing is a good quality screen and no overheating

I'm looking at the Dell XPS 13 or 15 right now, any suggestions are thanked. I'm in the UK.

generaljuly

Prominent
Jul 14, 2017

Thanks. Do you have any info on HoMei itself or bought from them? I can only find it on Amazon. They look great but the only other person that mentioned them on here seemed unsure of how legit they are

helloworld1066

Prominent
May 17, 2017

They seem to be legit, looking at the answered questions and some reviews. I doubt there is anything better for the price available. This could me more 'legit' thpugh https://www.amazon.co.uk/MSI-7QF-1670UK-Gaming-Laptop-Black/dp/B01NAP5GO3/ref=sr_1_4?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1500026050&sr=1-4&keywords=gaming+laptop

I don't think there's any doubt that the Homei one is legit, just wouldn't be my choice as a brand, there's no manufacturer's web support that I can find, and that doesn't bode well.

Much better off with a recognised brand like MSI from those two choices. MSI web support easy to find, you never know when you might need it (drivers, BIOS updates etc).

Brand choice is important where laptop purchases are concerned.