T-Mobile phone NO SERVICE--ERROR 101

HassaanAbbasi

Prominent
Jul 13, 2017
Hi, i received my galaxy s6 last year from a local wholesaler. The phone btw is a T-mobile phone that is unlocked.The phone was working fine until one day I got an error saying unatuhorized software has been flashed and phone has been locked. This made no sense to me because I never installed any software. This made my phone have no service but there was still wifi. I also installed Samsung kies and tries to install the original OS but that didn't help. I then checked my imei and it was null. I went to a local repair shop and they fixed my imei but my phone still didn't have any service. Now my phone has an imei but it still has no service and i checked with t mobile and it says that my imei is not blocked/blacklisted and that it is ready to use but still I cannot have any service. btw my carrier is not t mobile, my phone is just from t mobile. I need help. please can someone help me.

Solution
Have you checked the device for malware and viruses? You may want to try a "Hard Reset" of the device to see if it will resolve the issue.

NOTE: Doing this will clear 'all' the data on your phone, so it is suggested you not choose this option unless you have to, or aren't worried about losing anything on the phone.

Be sure you back up any data you want to keep, to a computer or cloud account, before doing the reset.

To "Hard Reset" the phone...

1. Make sure that the phone is actually powered off.

2. Remove your SD card, if there is one in the device.

3. Press the "Power" and the "Volume Up" buttons, together, until you see the start-up logo on the screen.

4. Once you can see the logo, release the buttons and allow the device to...
Have you checked the device for malware and viruses? You may want to try a "Hard Reset" of the device to see if it will resolve the issue.

NOTE: Doing this will clear 'all' the data on your phone, so it is suggested you not choose this option unless you have to, or aren't worried about losing anything on the phone.

Be sure you back up any data you want to keep, to a computer or cloud account, before doing the reset.

To "Hard Reset" the phone...

1. Make sure that the phone is actually powered off.

2. Remove your SD card, if there is one in the device.

3. Press the "Power" and the "Volume Up" buttons, together, until you see the start-up logo on the screen.

4. Once you can see the logo, release the buttons and allow the device to enter the "System Recovery Mode".

5. Next use "Volume Down" button to get to the "wipe data/factory reset" option When in recovery mode the "Volume Up" and "Volume Down" buttons are how to can navigate and highlight what option you need.

6. Once you have selected the "wipe data/factory reset", press the "Power" button to select that option.

7. On the following screen, repeatedly press the "Volume Down" button until the "Yes - delete all user data" option is what is selected.

8. Then press the "Power" button to hard reset the phone.

9. If you took your SD card out in step 2, when the device is up and running again, reinstert the SD card.

Solution