PC Build for VR gaming and VR graphic (UE4)

Lililashka

Prominent
Jul 7, 2017
Hi guys,
I'm new to PC and currently planning to build my first system to get ready for VR game and UE4. My goal is to have a powerful system that is silent and fit right with my working desk, which is pretty small.
Your opinions, comments on my spec would be much appreciated!

Spec:

Processor: Intel Core i7 I7-7700K 4.2 GHz
Graphic card: Geforce GTX1070
Mobo: ASUS STRIX B250G GAMING mATX Mainboard 1151 DVI
Ram: 16GB G.Skill Aegis DDR4-2800 DIMM CL17 Dual Kit
Harddrive: Western (1TB) 7,200 rpm 64 MB cache and SATA 6G connector
Case: Bitfenix Prodigy Micro-ATX
Wireless card: ASUS PCE-AC68 1300Mbps, Wireless LAN Adapter PCI-E 802.11 ac

Question:
1. I'm not sure whether the case comes with Power supply? If I need one, what is the recommendatoin?
2. Should I purchase an additional fan? And if so, which one that is good value for money and silent.

Thank you all so much in advance!!!

Solution

You can still use an MSI mobo but I would get an Asus mobo just for the consistency. Below are the parts you have chosen along with the power supply that @Sakkura recommended. This doesn't include the CPU cooler so you need to look into that and like I said in my first post, have at least one fan on the case. The case you have chosen already has one in the back. The case color is different but specs are the same.

PCPartPicker part...

mbilal2

Prominent
Jun 15, 2017
Oh my... You need to change your motherboard. That motherboard doesn't support overclocking when your cpu was built to overclock... Look for a z270 mobo.
That case does not come with a Power Supply Unit. You need to buy one separately. I would recommend a 750+ PSU in either gold/platinum. What kind of cooling are you getting for the CPU? I would recommend at least 1 extra fan but again that would depend on your CPU cooler.

PSU recommendations:
EVGA SuperNOVA 750 SuperNOVA G2 Approx 100$
EVGA SuperNOVA 850 SuperNOVA P2 is my personal favorite. Approx 150$

mbilal2

Prominent
Jun 15, 2017

The motherboard looks good but now here's the problem. The power supply I mentioned will NOT fit into the case you have chosen. Second there is a chance your graphics card will be too long to fit into the case. Both these can be solved by getting a bigger case and an ATX motherboard instead of the mATX.

Username is mbilal2. Sprinter is a badge.
Hope this helped :)

mbilal2

Prominent
Jun 15, 2017

haha no prob. What is the make of the graphics card? EVGA, ASUS, MSI, etc? It'll be a good idea to get a mobo by the same manufacturer. The case looks great.

mbilal2

Prominent
Jun 15, 2017

You can still use an MSI mobo but I would get an Asus mobo just for the consistency. Below are the parts you have chosen along with the power supply that @Sakkura recommended. This doesn't include the CPU cooler so you need to look into that and like I said in my first post, have at least one fan on the case. The case you have chosen already has one in the back. The case color is different but specs are the same.

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/xWgJ9W
Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/xWgJ9W/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel - Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz Quad-Core Processor ($304.00 @ B&H)
Motherboard: Asus - TUF Z270 MARK 2 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($124.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2800 Memory ($131.89 @ OutletPC)
Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($47.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: Asus - GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Dual Series Video Card
Case: BitFenix - Neos White ATX Mid Tower Case ($39.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Power Supply: Corsair - Vengeance 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply
Total: $648.86

Good luck!

Solution

aquielisunari

Distinguished

Just a little P.S.

If you are buying a headset that needs headphones I would also buy a headphone extension cable. They are very inexpensive. This way, if you plug or unplug your headphones they won't cause any wear and tear on the headset's hardware.