My android freezes on the startup animation

Status
Not open for further replies.

KOrange

Prominent
Jul 3, 2017
When I turn it on, my Moto E freezes on the startup animation, so it isn't actually powering on, and I have to wait until it runs out of battery for it to actually turn off. I've tried the troubleshooting and reboot methods and wiped the data and cache partition, even tried all the options available on the reboot, but nothing has worked. Does this mean I need a new phone?

Solution
Have you tried starting it up in "Safe Mode" to see if it will start completely then? Granted all apps won't run in that mode, but you can see if it will start up. If it will fully load in "Safe Mode" then you have something (bad app, malware, virus, etc.) on the device that is the cause of the problem.

If that doesn't do it, the device may have a hardware problem.

To get into "Safe Mode" please do the following.

1. First turn off the phone.

2. Next press and hold "Power" until you see the manufacturers logo on the screen, then release the power button.

3. "Quickly" press "Volume Down" and hold it for few seconds until you see the message "Safe mode: ON" or something similar.

4. If you wanted disable it, simply repeat the steps...
Have you tried starting it up in "Safe Mode" to see if it will start completely then? Granted all apps won't run in that mode, but you can see if it will start up. If it will fully load in "Safe Mode" then you have something (bad app, malware, virus, etc.) on the device that is the cause of the problem.

If that doesn't do it, the device may have a hardware problem.

To get into "Safe Mode" please do the following.

1. First turn off the phone.

2. Next press and hold "Power" until you see the manufacturers logo on the screen, then release the power button.

3. "Quickly" press "Volume Down" and hold it for few seconds until you see the message "Safe mode: ON" or something similar.

4. If you wanted disable it, simply repeat the steps above, and you should see "Safe Mode: OFF" rather than on.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.