Popup on my phone wont let me close tab

Status
Not open for further replies.

tumblrtoast

Prominent
Jun 29, 2017
I was on the internet and i didnt even click anything, a pop up called farlam says I won a gift, It wont let me exit the tab or go to other tabs in my samsung browser thing, I literally have no option but to click okay, So im avoiding the internet app but I want to know if there is a way to restart the pre-installed internet app on android to clear out tabs. Thanks in advance

Edit: So was able to uninstall the latest browser which closed all the tabs thank the Lord, So now i just need help checking if I have a virus and if so removing it, Thank you!

Well you should first restart the phone. That will close all the apps that are open. Then once the phone is on, you should be able to clear out the browsers settings (if it is the original phone browser) from the phones "Settings" without opening up the browser itself.

Now if it doesn't resolve it that way, then I would go into "Settings", "Apps", "All Apps" and locate the browser in the list of apps. Then tap it to open it up and tap "Force Stop" if it is showing as an active button. Next tap the "Clear Data" button, this will clear out all data associated with that browser.

Should you still have problems after that, then the issue isn't in the browser but a virus, malware or bad app on the phone.

Feb 9, 2018
I somehow got one of those stupid "you've won" something pop ups when I went to a link in Chrome from facebook. No matter how many times I cleared the cache, "force stopped" chrome, you name it I tried it and it wouldn't work. I could sometimes click the three dots but the pop up window would cover it and wanted an "OK" to be push which is not OK with me. I've read tons of threads on this and no where was there a decent fix. I found the answer by deduction. On your phone, go to the google search bar (not the chrome app) and type in something. Next follow the link to a website. Then click the top right 3 dots and choose "Open in Chrome". The new website will open a new tab and block the pop up. You will have enough time to choose "Close all tabs". Voila! The stupid hijacked link is gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.