Solved! I moved photos and videos into my sd cards from sony z5 premium but file are corrupted

mz4466

Prominent
Jun 19, 2017
I moved some photos and videos from my phone memory into sd card. i noticed that the majority of the photos and videos do not work. I can see the files but when i try to open them are not recconaised. pleaase help

Solution
What is the file type? That could be the problem. Or they could have been corrupted.

You can try a conversion software, like say Format Factory or one of the many others, and see if you can convert them to a formate the the device will be able to read.
First I would try moving them back to the phones internal storage and see if they show up fine again. If so, your card may be the problem.

If that doesn't work, you should try connecting the phone to a computer via USB cord and see if you can access the files that way.

NOTE: If the videos are not ones you recorded yourself, but are say from Netflix or other provider like that then they won't work anywhere but on the phone itself (not even the card). It is a restriction they placed on that (for obvious reasons).

mz4466

Prominent
Jun 19, 2017
Hi

All photos and videos are made by my phone.
I did try to move from card to laptop and card to phone. Unfortunately doesn't work. Both ways says that cannot recognise the files. I tried recuva and other software with no success. Any other options?

What is the file type? That could be the problem. Or they could have been corrupted.

You can try a conversion software, like say Format Factory or one of the many others, and see if you can convert them to a formate the the device will be able to read.

Solution