Please Help! Sim Card Malfunction? (S4)

frankie1184

Prominent
Jun 16, 2017
I cannot seem to fix this problem i'm recently having with my samsung galaxy S4, every time i try to take a pic, it doesn't save to the sim card anymore (as default) also any apps I had saved either had an error or reconfigured itself to read as (example) com.pinterest.mobile i reformatted the card & still have the same issue, the phone recognizes the sim card it just seems i cant save anything to it? Does anyone have any ideas how this happened or how i can fix it or do i just scrap this sim card? thanks for any info!

Solution
Yeah ... sometimes they die. Buy a decent one ... like a Sandisk or other name brand.Get a 32GB ... they are at a good price point.
Its all under Google Search "Samsung Galaxy S4 format SD"

Steps to Format and Mount an SD card on your Galaxy S4
Press your phone's Home button, tap the App's icon and find your Settings application.
Tap the General tab.
Scroll down and tap the Storage panel. ...
Scroll down and tap the Format SD card panel and tap Erase everything.

To move stuff to it.
From a Home screen, navigate: Apps > My Files. ...
Select an option (e.g., Images, Audio, etc.).
Tap the Menu icon (located in the upper-right).
Tap Select then select (check) the desired file(s).
Tap the Menu icon.
Tap Move.
Tap SD card.
Navigate to the preferred folder then select MOVE HERE (located in the upper-right).

frankie1184

Prominent
Jun 16, 2017

frankie1184

Prominent
Jun 16, 2017
Thank you for your response!
I did format the sim card as described, funny thing, it erased everything except my photos taken with the stock phone camera , I formatted it twice, finally on the second try it was wiped & i attempted to move an app as described as well & as soon as i moved it, it erased the app from the phone & card & replaced it with "com.pinterest.mobile" (using that app as an example) i think the sd card is done for, i may get another one to test it....