Deleting files in "my file" app.

ketang

Prominent
Jun 12, 2017
Every file sent to me appears both in my gallery and "my file" apps. This takes up space. To save space, I tried to move the files from "my fiIe" to the sd card but noticed that the file still remain in "my file" and the same correctly in the sd card. This is no good as it did not give up any space in "my file". What was surprising was when I deleted the unmoved file from "my file" the file that appeared in the sd card was also deleted. Resulting in the file that I needed being totally deleted. Pls advise how I can delete files from "my file" without deleting the same file which had been moved to the sd card. Thanks.

Solution
The file isn't 'in' the my file(s) app. It is on the device or the card, and 'listed' in the app.

A way to resolve the issue, and be sure that the file is only physically on the card (but may still list in the app mind you) would be to connect the phone via USB cord to a computer and move (not copy but move) the files to an empty folder on the computer. Once moved, disconnect it from the computer and restart the phone. Then, once it has restarted, connect it to the computer again and move the files from the computer over to the SD card via USB cord connection.
The file isn't 'in' the my file(s) app. It is on the device or the card, and 'listed' in the app.

A way to resolve the issue, and be sure that the file is only physically on the card (but may still list in the app mind you) would be to connect the phone via USB cord to a computer and move (not copy but move) the files to an empty folder on the computer. Once moved, disconnect it from the computer and restart the phone. Then, once it has restarted, connect it to the computer again and move the files from the computer over to the SD card via USB cord connection.

Solution