Help my Samsung galaxy tab a won't turn on it keeps on flicking on and off the loading screen if that makes any sense

kyle_156

Prominent
May 30, 2017
My Samsung galaxy tab a won't turn on properly it just keeps of flicking on and of the 1st screen where is shows the make and model

Solution
Try the following and see if it will turn on.

1. Remove the battery.
2. Press and hold the "Power" button for 20 seconds.
3. Now put the battery back in.
4. Plug it in to charge and allow it to fully charge before turning it on.

NOTE: Yes, I know tablet batteries are not so easy to get to, on some devices. In such a case, make sure that your tablet is not under warranty still before you try opening it up yourself. If it is under warranty, then contact the manufacturer first.

If that doesn't help, try starting it up in "Safe Mode" and see if it will load. If it does, then you have something (bad app, virus, malware, etc.) on the device you need to remove.

To get into "Safe Mode" please do the following.

1. First turn off the tablet...
Try the following and see if it will turn on.

1. Remove the battery.
2. Press and hold the "Power" button for 20 seconds.
3. Now put the battery back in.
4. Plug it in to charge and allow it to fully charge before turning it on.

NOTE: Yes, I know tablet batteries are not so easy to get to, on some devices. In such a case, make sure that your tablet is not under warranty still before you try opening it up yourself. If it is under warranty, then contact the manufacturer first.

If that doesn't help, try starting it up in "Safe Mode" and see if it will load. If it does, then you have something (bad app, virus, malware, etc.) on the device you need to remove.

To get into "Safe Mode" please do the following.

1. First turn off the tablet.

2. Next press and hold "Power" until you see the manufacturers logo on the screen, then release the power button.

3. "Quickly" press "Volume Down" and hold it for few seconds until you see the message "Safe mode: ON" or something similar.

4. If you wanted disable it, simply repeat the steps above, and you should see "Safe Mode: OFF" rather than on.

Solution