Solved! Newbier than I realized

BostonHolly

Honorable
Oct 31, 2013
Somebody *help* me ! I cannot figure out how to work 90% of my new Huawei Mate 9 phone. It's my first SmartPhone and I may have bought too much phone. Most everyone I know has an iPhone but I've been a PC user since Mainframe days (tongue in ck). Ex Hippy I tend to balk @ 'trends'. But willing to revisit that. Because of a disability, numbness on left side,arm & hand, I drop things, small things are worse. I need a big phone. Age requires that I have a bigger screen, 5"+. This phone is beautiful, thin, affordable, but unlike Am.Ex., I'm afraid to leave home *with* it. I got into a mess yesterday bc I couldn't figure out how to return a text, nor how to stop the phone from calling people when I'm not trying to call someone (she got 17 calls); I couldn't ck home voice mail bc pressing the # button to get into system did nothing except generate lectures from Mr. Huawei. In fact nothing seems to function as expected. It could be problems caused by my carrier whom I'm stuck with, TracFoneJunk. Yes yes, I've access to the Manual -online only- I haven't yet memorized it. Is it me, the phone or carrier whom I've had unending problems with but I'm ready to send this phone back. I need an unlocked GSM phone with a good camera. Money isn't an issue once I return it. It was $200-300 less than equivalent , high end phones and folks love them but one, consistant complaint is about Customer Service. All of that leads me towards an i$$hone , have read every article on the web iPhone vs. Android, but in the end, nothing has helped. anyone here have a Mate 9 ?I'm sure everyone has either a Samsung 8 or iphone 7+, Pixel or L$ 6

Solution
i have a nexus 6P which is made by the same company as your phone and never ran into problems like these. either do a factory reset to see if that clears everything up or replace the phone under warranty

BostonHolly

Honorable
Oct 31, 2013
. Thanks so much. I am acutally afraid of this phone....Solution - I was considering doing just that - I'd have to anyway if I'm to return it. I have until May 30th. Prior to setting up the Return, however, I'd planned to call TracFone to see what they've done to me now, if they'd screwed up my Data plan , service month etc, (as in past) when when I converted SIM cards. Then I was going to do the Fact. Reset. Start over. But I'm also thinking it's too much fone for a newbie ?
I also know friends who love their Nexus 6's (yup I knew were Huawei's) bc they are easy to use and have a quality camera.